Recent content by Richs_Trains

1. Richs_Trains

Marantz 2230 need serviced (Michigan)

You may just need to clean the volume pot or one of the switches. Try working all the controls several times each (switches and pots) with the power off and then try playing it again. If you notice any difference in the way it plays, it's probably a dirty contact or pot. There is a discussion...
  2. Richs_Trains

Marantz 2250 - Is this what I get by changing the value of capacitors?

Stupid question, are you trying to turn it up on the DBT, because having that in circuit will affect operation of the unit.
  3. Richs_Trains

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Mar 17, 2015
  4. Richs_Trains

Marantz 3800 issues, channel cutting out, but is it the preamp???

My guess would be a dirty switch or volume control, I had the same problem with my 3800 and it was the volume control. Good luck, Rich
  5. Richs_Trains

Marantz 1150D thoughts and advice

I also have a 1150d and an 1150 and I too was not super impressed with the sound, although it is not bad just a little muddled. The 1150 series is somewhat rare as I don't believe many were sold and sell for between $500 and $1100 on the auction site depending on model and condition. The 1150d...
  6. Richs_Trains

Model 140 Restoration

From the guy who fixed mine...I had a similar problem with a customers' 140. very hard to find the problem, but it turned out to be a bad (intermittant) diode in the driver amp. Replace h720,h721 with 1n4148 diodes. Recommend you do both channels.
  7. Richs_Trains

Model 18 lettering

Bob Speece wlhd1610 was the guy who had them made, I have yet to replace mine, but he said mine was the last he had. He may have produced more, but he is off and on the forum lately, but a very reputable person ( he rebuilt 3 of my power amps and did a fantastic job). good luck and welcome to...
  8. Richs_Trains

Bose 1801 power amp restore/recap

Dan, I am pretty sure (I have not done the recap on mine yet) that two of the terminals on the original cap are just connection points and not part of the internal workings of the cap. Hopefully, someone with more experience will weigh in and confirm this. I have purchased new caps for other...
  9. Richs_Trains

Dan, I ordered a kit to rebuild the amp and it provided a nippon chem com 18,000uf 63 v for the center cap and nippon chem com 15,000uf 100v for the filter caps. Rich
  10. Richs_Trains

Model 140 rebuild

check this thread, it fixed 2 of my 140's ..... http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/marantz-140-amp-pops.663148/ Rich
  11. Richs_Trains

Model 140 rebuild

try this: From my tech: The diodes, 2 per channel, are designated H720, H721. If they are a small black diode, they should be replaced with 1N4148 diodes. Be very careful of the polarity. Also, look for any glue on the top or bottom of the boards. If there is, it has probably turned black and is...
  12. Richs_Trains

Thank-you, away we go!
  13. Richs_Trains

Well, I got it today, power cord has pretty much lost it's outer cover although the internal wires appear to be okay. I am almost afraid to power this beast up, is a 100 watt bulb sufficient on the DBT to keep from blowing up my house? I have not taken anything apart yet, but from reading the...
  14. Richs_Trains

Thanks for the reply, you mean the old one after you switched it out? Hope I can still find a suitable replacement. Rich
  15. Richs_Trains

Hello all, I post mostly in the Marantz forum as I have recapped about 20 Marantz units, but an old friend who seems to have more equipment than he can deal with has offered to give me a Bose 1801 power amp (250 watts per channel and 26 TO3 outputs!) that is in working condition. I have no...
Back
Top Bottom