Recent content by RickB

1. RickB

quality rca cables....is there a difference?

Wow, talk about a necro-thread, 15+ years ago...
  2. RickB

How to treat echo in stairwell

So, inquiring minds want to know, what has gone on with respect to this stairwell situation?
  3. RickB

I finally cancelled Netflix.

I bought one of those mini PC's from Amazon w/16G RAM & 512G M2SSD for under $200 all in, hooked it up via HDMI to a 6 year old 55" HiSense 4K TV, with Logitech wireless keyboard/touch pad...USB from computer to a Topping E30/II DAC for remote volume control and digital source switching...this...
  4. RickB

Please bring me up to speed on streaming music… It’s been a while for me!

Plenty of higher res streaming stations: https://www.hiresaudio.online/cd-quality-internet-radio/
  5. RickB

MAC 240 input question

More resistors to go through in "stereo" mode vs. just the level control in "twin" mode, which might also be able to be adjusted to more perfectly fit the output characteristics of the attached preamp.
  6. RickB

MAC 240 input question

I always use the twin inputs rather than the stereo ones with my 240.
  7. RickB

OK, then sequester the cats in another room for a bit and then listen with the basement door closed and then opened to see if there is much difference.
  8. RickB

Any way to substitute a louvered door for the one at the top of the stairs to vent off pressure? That could help diminish the cavity resonance
  9. RickB

Put a scratching post or two nearby and after a couple of threats with the squirt bottle they'll forget about the speakers. Worked with my three.
  10. RickB

One of my cats when I tell her not to get on the stereo gear....
  11. RickB

Does opening the door at the top of the stairway make a difference? It should as when it is closed the stairway becomes a Helmholtz resonator of sorts... I was lucky with my situation as the "turrets" opened up into other areas of the house rather than be a closed "pipe" The resonances were less...
  12. RickB

That's just part of what's in this guys room.... This shows the front part of the room, there's more behind this view: Excuse the mess, I'm always working on this room...swapping gear, evaluating stuff, and the guy keeps buying... About a 240 degree view video from my Google Pixel 2XL
  13. RickB

A heavy throw rug on the landing would be a start, then more sound treatment panels up both of the side walls and the ceiling of the passage, something on the back of the door, too...a heavy, and I mean heavy, curtain will help and should be the icing on the cake vs. damping the passageway. I...
  14. RickB

What would make a basic AC motor belt drive run fast? Kenwood KD-1033

The Linn Sondek is like that
  15. RickB

Diy shield

Use better shielded interconnects than the gimme cables you have now along with a shielded power cord for starters... Then the ferrites But mostly just keep your phone as far away as possible.
Back
Top Bottom