Recent content by rickiroo

1. rickiroo

VTA SP-14 internal resistors...

Someone changed the intended design. I built the SP 14 last year. There are 2 places on the board to install 2 different output coupling caps and are then connected separately to the jacks. I don't remember any mention of putting those resisters in there. From the Tubes4hifi web sight,
  2. rickiroo

Preamp woes- may need recommendations for new one

X2 on the Tubes 4 Hifi SP14. Great sound and if you are not DIY, he sells pre- builts as well.
  3. rickiroo

Forte III to Forte IV upgrade kit available from Klipsch

, the crossover is over my head , is that simple to do? The x'0ver is just push on terminals. Color coded. The only thing you need to do is drill some pilot holes to mount the X'over on the floor of the cabinet as the new circuit is a bit larger. You will need Torx bits to unmount and mount the...
  4. rickiroo

Oh yea... part # is 1010334. You need one kit per speaker.
  5. rickiroo

The mod is out and I highly recommend. Easy to install. You receive a new tweeter and lense, new mid driver and new steep slope network. Completed mine about a month ago. I've noticed very improved high freq's with better dispersion of highs. Mids are improved as well. I always noticed a...
  6. rickiroo

Please Recommend An OBD2 Scan Tool and a Forum for Mini Cars

This is a good forum. https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/. As mentioned above, try a battery disconnect.
  7. rickiroo

Craigslist scammer on the road again

Is this him? Picking on Reno now? https://reno.craigslist.org/ele/d/fallon-marantz-2270/7178005690.html
  8. rickiroo

Question for the auto techs here..

Not sure where the OP is with diag right now, but a few things. He stated he has no dash lights (IPC) activity. As quaddriver asks, is there a CEL. If truely no IPC activity, then this is the path that needs to be followed. Fix the lack of IOPC activity, you fix the car. Under the rear seat...
  9. rickiroo

Yes,b+ is low, but the state of charge for a good idle battery is 12.6 volts. 13.8 volts would be with engine running and charging system on. Sorry Shominy, no ignition voltage circuits go thru the "clockspring". Only the SIR inflator module circuits, horn and radio controls (if equipped) do...
  10. rickiroo

Ignition switches were common issues on these. If you have a volt meter check for battery voltage on fuses 3,7,8,11,13,15 and 19 with ignition switch in the run position. Make sure your neg lead of the voltmeter is on the battery ground terminal. What you want is the same voltage you read at...
  11. rickiroo

Scott LK 72 resistor keep burning

Make sure your new rectifier is in correctly. Positive to ground, just like the caps. Negative terminal to the resistor.
  12. rickiroo

Rodents iz hell.

Saw alot of rodent damage when I was a tech for local Chevy store. You will never guess what keeps them out of your vehicle........Dryer sheets. You don.t need the expensive ones. Just tie them here and there and replace every month or so.
  13. rickiroo

New Corvette starts Racing today

It was their first WEC event, maybe that is what they were referring to.
  14. rickiroo

New Corvette starts Racing today

Already raced at the Daytona 24. Finished 4th and 7th in GTLM class. Both were still running at finish. Pretty good results for 1st race.
Back
Top Bottom