Recent content by rickygallagh

1. R

GE Wildcat Replacement Speakers?

What if you put a 15 ohm resistor in series?
  2. R

Sanui 3000A Volume Control and Output

Checked speaker outputs again. This time on tape mode instead of tuner mode. Was less than 1 volt. Should not have any d c volts? Told him he should look for some expert tech.
  3. R

Sanui 3000A Volume Control and Output

Have a friends 3000A that he wanted me to check out. Cleaned and dexoit'd the controls. I had one of these before and knew there was a mod required to save speakers. This one I believe does not have the mod. ( Need to look again) Upon powering up, it worked and sounded good. I checked the DC...
  4. R

Sherwood S-8900 no right channel

Was checking out this Sherwood receiver for a friend, no right channel. Looks like burn marks on the bottom of one of the boards. Since it is identical to the board beside it, I figure they are output boards for the different channels. I see some transistors that are in sockets and check and...
  5. R

Problem with my SX 780

Since I got the packs in and it seems to be working good, should I worry the vu meters are almost peaking out at times?
  6. R

Problem with my SX 780

Replaced the power packs and it works good. The tuner is off a bit. 88.9 is more like 79. Any suggestion for that problem? Thanks for your help!
  7. R

Problem with my SX 780

I was suspecting the packs, I got a couple off eBay, for an SX-1000 that are the same numbers, that I can use.
  8. R

Problem with my SX 780

L Power pack Before Pin 1 + 19 After 1 +18 2 -41.3 2 -41 3 -41.3 3-41 8 + 41.6 8 -41 9 +41.4 9 +41 10 + 21.8 10 +21 Right Power Pack 1 -40.4 1-.01 2 -41.5 2 -41...
  9. R

Problem with my SX 780

Readings before( left column) and after( right column) i replaced resistors, hopefully, correctly! L R 1 +19 +18...
  10. R

Problem with my SX 780

Help me understand, is there a certain IC thats needs replacement also?
  11. R

Problem with my SX 780

Thank you for the help. I did not remove a leg of the resistors, just an ohms meter across the two legs and one resistor is infinite or "ol " on my meter which I guess it means it is open. Guess I will order the resistors off eBay
  12. R

Problem with my SX 780

Bumping thread. Same Problem, everything lights up, tuner vu also working. No sound and no clicking. As another post suggested, I checked Darlington packs on 200v dc with the following results Left Pac Right Pac 1 +19 1 -40.4 2 -41.3 2...
  13. R

Dual 1249 No sSound

So funny, I also am working on a Garrard on the table, it has a channel out..lol Any ideas? I just ordered a cartridge,. I tested on the leads and it looks to be hooked up correctly. Cleaned the pins on the back of the catridge and inside arm.
  14. R

Dual 1249 No sSound

It's on the kitchen table and my wife wants it gone, may have to sell it as a parts/repair...
Back
Top Bottom