Recent content by Riddley

1. Riddley

Questions about Marantz Wood Cases

Just ordered a walnut case for my 2270 from vitagehifiaudio dot com (no affiliation) and they are currently $20 off. Shipping seems a little high. Although it says it takes 3 weeks, they shipped mine in two days, suggesting they have stocked up in order to meet demand.
  2. Riddley

Reissued (new) faceplates

Well he certainly represents his reproductions as "correct": "meticulously and professionally reproduced for an absolutely identical match ... identical dimensions of size, thickness, window and apertures ... inspected by hand" and so on. And he accepts returns. Is it odd that the only...
  3. Riddley

Connect a 2275 receiver to Smart tv

You can get an optical to RCA trasceiver for about $30 at Best Buy. It runs off a wall wart. And you'll need a short fiber optic cable. Select PCM output in your TV's setup.
  4. Riddley

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Joined: Jun 24, 2018 This is a nice and friendly place. No trubba!
  5. Riddley

Marantz 3600 and phono stage

If you are an active listener, there is very little doubt you would like what a good phono stage will bring you. It's a question of what you wish to spend. If you listen to music with great dynamics, such as classical and jazz, for example, you would hear not only better resolution of notes and...
  6. Riddley

Not sure if this has been seen here yet…

Hunter Biden?
  7. Riddley

2216b

Good point. And sometimes you just have to say, 'what the heck'. Is it a sealed bid situation?
  8. Riddley

2216b

I'm not knowledgeable, but my take would be: if it doesn't need immediate repair it will need eventually. If you (like me) can't work on 'em, assume you'll throw a few hundred at it sooner or later. Thus, I'd bid high only if the cosmetics are excellent.
  9. Riddley

Marantz 6100 tone arm skipping near end of travel on last track

Very odd. Is the turntable perfectly level? With the cuing up, does the tone arm slide freely all the way to the runout? Looking at the cartridge from directly in front of it, is the cantilever straight and not at all bent? If all OK, do you have a stylus force gauge to check the tracking...
  10. Riddley

What The Heck Is 'Three Martini Sound'?

Now that's a stack o' Marantz! :beerchug:
  11. Riddley

Advice for building a system around a 2230

Just to chime in, I connected my 2230 to a pair of B&W CM-5s and they sound fantastic. Very compact speakers. I am amazed at how easily the Marantz drives them.
  12. Riddley

How to remove stripped screw on Marantz 2270?

Not sure how fat the screws are. If you can drill a 5/64ths hole in the remains of the screw you can use a small hammer to tap in a screw extractor until it bites. The end can be gripped with pliers to carefully unscrew.
  13. Riddley

Vintage Marantz Buying Guide

A good article and a pleasant read. I wish he'd mentioned how these units consistently deliver higher power than their model rating. And this might be a bit of puffery: "buy one fully restored and ready for another half-century of trouble-free service." Do any of you rebuilders offer a 50 year...
  14. Riddley

Marantz dial color?

My guess has always been, the velum turns yellow from the heat of the dial lamps. Blue + yellow = blue-green.
  15. Riddley

Refurbishing a 2325?

People do drop names here and there. I think you're supposed to buy access to the AK flea market for $25 per year to unlock the 'goods and services'. Well worth it. *Edit* - But I see you are a subscriber already. You should have access.
Back
Top Bottom