Recent content by riverrat

1. riverrat

Speaker RCA jack replacement boards?

That's it! Thank you very much JoseHH!
  2. riverrat

Speaker RCA jack replacement boards?

A few weeks back, I located a thread here that included a link to a business in Germany that made replacement speaker RCA boards for vintage amplifiers, including Sansui. I thought the link was in a thread here on restoring the AU-317. I've tried all kinds of search terms and cannot relocate...
  3. riverrat

Removing/reinstalling AU-D11 II top of case

Thank you sir! Much appreciated.
  4. riverrat

Removing/reinstalling AU-D11 II top of case

Hi All...longtime member, haven't posted much in recent years. I'm considering selling my AU-D11 II (recapped by quadbob years ago) and would like to take some photos of the interior circuitry and new(er) caps. I haven't ever taken the cap off myself. I've read that it is sort of a PIA, in...
  5. riverrat

Arcam Alpha 5 Plus CD player skipping

Thanks for the replies folks. I did try cleaning the lens, and different CDs. I will likely just sell if for parts, described as accurately as I can. I have at least two other nice working CD players, and don't usually have a CD player in my system (my sources are 3TB of FLAC files, and vinyl)...
  6. riverrat

Arcam Alpha 5 Plus CD player skipping

Was just testing this player out prior to listing it for sale. It's been in storage for the past few years. It has the well-regarded Philips TDA1541A chip. It power up, reads CDs and starts to play them, but then starts skipping. I don't have the time or inclination to try to troubleshoot...
  7. riverrat

replacing Clear Audio MM styli

Thank you for the replies.
  8. riverrat

replacing Clear Audio MM styli

So it sounds like you felt the VMN95L was a big improvement over the Bliss shibata? I have a Bliss 710-dnHE hyper-eliptical replacement stylus in the Virtuoso that came with my Marantz TT15s1. It sounds pretty good, better than the stock stylus I think. But I'm wondering if the AT-VMN95ML would...
  9. riverrat

I Opted Out of Ebay Global Shipping Program

Reading this thread with interest. I always turn off international shipping options. Just don't want to deal with it. But I'm getting ready to sell a beautiful set consisting of a Marantz 2130 tuner and matching 1300DC integrated. They are the international models with selectable...
  10. riverrat

Clearaudio Owner's Thread

Resurrecting this [very] old thread. Hoping that someone - maybe reddog48 - is still paying attention. I just picked up an "as new" (unopened in box) TT15. Setting it up, I checked to see how the adjustable feet work. Try as I might I cannot get any of them to rotate. They are all completely...
  11. riverrat

1300DC q's..

Thank you quadmatrix!
  12. riverrat

1300DC q's..

Greetings all. Haven't posted in awhile. I've been testing a 1300DC that's been in storage for awhile. Most of the source RCAs seem to work fine- good, clear sound coming out of both channels, i.e. tape 1 & 2, AUX, TUNER. But the phono inputs seem to both sound very faint in one channel. Are...
  13. riverrat

Marantz 20 tuner

PX worked on my Model 20. I was very happy with his work! Given how little I listen to FM these days, I chose to sell it and free up the $$ for other needs. But the Model 20 remains the best sounding tuner I've ever had, including a PX modded Sansui TU-717 (which comes close), and a Marantz 2130.
  14. riverrat

What is it exactly about Sansui that causes such obsession and devotion...

I have a recapped AU-D11 II, essentially the 1st amp in the Alpha Series. I have long drooled over similar amps that came later and were gradually refined for at least a decade after the AU-D11 II was introduced around 1984, especially some of the silver faced models. At any given time, there...
  15. riverrat

keeping the 9500 selling the 907

I'd definitely sell the 907 if I were you. BTW and strictly hypothetically: how much were thinking of asking?
Back
Top Bottom