Recent content by Rkb1955

1. Rkb1955

Low Out MC Cartridge recommendation

Recently purchased a Lehmann Black Cube SE II phono stage so I could experiment with MC.
  2. Rkb1955

Low Out MC Cartridge recommendation

I have been using a Ortofon 2M black on my VPI prime. I am ready for the next step and looking for a low output MC cartridge. Price range approx under $2000. Thanks for your input.
  3. Rkb1955

Speaker Recommendations for my MA6600

Both the 802's and 803's are 90db efficient. Recommendations?
  4. Rkb1955

Currently running a pair of Revel F-30's but there are times I would like to crank them up but they clip out at a volume of 60 on the mac. Thinking of maybe B&W 802 or 803's. Any recommendations? Budget max is approx $13k.
  5. Rkb1955

I am currently running revel F-30's. There are times I would really like to crank them up but they clip out at around a volume of 60. I've thought of a pair of B&W 802's or 803'3. Any recommendations. Budget max is about $13,000. Thanks.
  6. Rkb1955

Avid 103 Capacitor recommendations

Thanks for your insights. Avid's are 43 years old . Goal is better sound but due to the age of the speakers and still having original caps. Trying to put together my 1st system again. The turntable Miracord 50H MKII I still have and just got serviced. The receiver Panasonic SX-838 I found...
  7. Rkb1955

Avid 103 Capacitor recommendations

Hi all, Looking for some help and recommendations on capacitor replacements for my Avid 103's. . The below paragraph is from a past forum on the subject. When I start to research them it seems like there are a lot of choices in regards to type (electrolytic vs film, etc) I am not an...
  8. Rkb1955

Cartridge recommendations for Vintage Turntables

I have both a Miracord 50H MK II and a Technics SL-D202. I have been using them with Stanton 681EEE cartridges. The Miracord I have owned for 44 years and have only used this cartridge model. The Technics I picked up for $60 in an estate sale. I was wondering what others thought about using...
  9. Rkb1955

Old vs New Mcintosh MR-78 or TM-2

I have an opportunity to purchase either of these 2 FM Tuners for my Mcintosh MA-6600. Wondering what your opinions are on these 2. Thanks. Bob
  10. Rkb1955

Recommendation for headphones to use with my Fisher 500-C

Does anyone have a recommendation for a set of headphones to use with my 500-C headphone jack? Thanks.
  11. Rkb1955

Looking for someone to repair my 500c in the New England Area.

About a year ago I had my Fisher 500-C entirely gone through and upgraded and replaced parts as needed. Recently I started getting a hum through the right channel. I swapped all the output tubes and still had hum. Also did the same with the two 12ax 7's in front of the transformer. I live...
  12. Rkb1955

Repairs Needed to Fisher 500 in RI, MA or CT

Believe I need a transformer. Is there anyone close to Providence (120mi) who does these? Thanks.
  13. Rkb1955

Any recommendations for an external phono stage for my 500-C?

Curious if anyone is using an external phono stage. Seems when I get towards 12 o'clock on volume distortion increases. Thanks.
  14. Rkb1955

Best way to bring back the life in my cabinets?

Just bought a set of Chorus 1. Overall they are in mint shape but lack luster and when you run hand over the tops you can feel the grain of the wood. Suggestions? Thanks.
  15. Rkb1955

Looking for upgrade recommendations for Chorus 1

Just bought my 1st set of Klipsch's. I ordered a set of Crite it tweeters. Waiting for them to arrive. Was also planning to rebuild the crossovers. Does anyone have a parts list of what is needed? I have been reading through the forums and see discussions about replacing mids, improving...
Back
Top Bottom