Recent content by RMbA

1. R

Sony TC-K700ES/TC-K333ESX listed for parts on LA craigslist ($95)

The transport mechanism on this deck has just been serviced and is fully functional (PLAY, FF, and REW), and a new capstan belt was also installed. Although the electronics were fully operational before the transport servicing, immediately afterwards the right channel audio stopped working...
  2. R

Sony 2.5mm steel balls gratis

if you misplace or otherwise lose one or more of the three 2.5mm steel balls that are used on the head-carriages of Sony decks, let me know by replying to this thread and I'll send replacements to you gratis. I wound up buying 250 of them for next to nothing, so glad to share.
  3. R

Sony TC-K61 has difficulty starting to play

If you look at p. 44 of the TC-K61 service manual (available free from hifiengine.com if you don't already have it), you'll see that the head-assembly (Deck Ass'y, head), which should move freely up and down, rides on three 2.5mm steel balls in greased tracks. If it's jammed, it may be that the...
  4. R

TC-K700ES Servicing Routine (1)

Regarding number 11 above under DISASSEMBLY TO SERVICE "CHASSIS ASSY, HEAD" (#213), if you misplace or otherwise lose one or more of the three 2.5mm "ball, steel" (#206), let me know by replying to this thread and I'll send replacements to you gratis. I wound up buying 250 of them for next to...
  5. R

13. Replace the “chassis assy, head” and reinstall “spring” (#218), noting its correct orientation. The assembly should move back and forth freely, either by pushing it directly or manually operating the “solenoid, plunger” (#PM901). 14. Reinstall “spring (#208). 15. Reinstall the take-up...
  6. R

8. Remove the left-hand “pinch lever (S) assy” (#241) by disconnecting the “spring, tension” (#243), removing the hold-down nut “N3, TYPE 2” (#238), removing the “washer” (#210) and “collar” (#239), noting the order in which they’re placed, and then sliding the pinch-roller assy up and off the...
  7. R

Under the ADVICE TO NEWBIES LIKE ME, my first point should have been: Download the "TC-K333ESX/K700ES Service Manual" from https://www.hifiengine.com or any of the other free sources. Without it, there's no hope—with it there's a chance of figuring things out. I wasn't able to figure out...
  8. R

Sony TC-K700ES transport issue?

How does one erase a thread?
  9. R

This turned out to be something of a headache, because there's a limit on the number of graphics allowed in any post. It seemed to be going okay—I had uploaded the first section, TC-K700ED Servicing Routine (1), without any problem. But when I uploaded the second section, TC-K700ED Servicing...
  10. R

6. Pulling with equal force on both sides of the transport assembly, slide the transport assembly back away from the front of the chassis and out altogether, taking care to thread the released cables through the chassis access holes. 7. Looking at the bottom of the transport assembly from the...
  11. R

ADVICE TO NEWBIES LIKE ME 1. Set up a work a work surface with space for the tape deck, tools, a high-intensity light, and a towel or other soft cushion that will easily slide, for the deck to sit on and be turned when necessary. Have room for a note pad and pen to conveniently write notes as...
  12. R

Greetings: Even though I decided to sell my TC-K700ES for parts—it's currently listed on craigslist.org in L.A.—I thought it might be useful to type up my notes from disassembling, servicing, and reassembling the deck. I'm not sure where to post the finished notes, with pix, on...
  13. R

I've put it away . . . maybe permanently—too many other demands on my time. Maybe I'll have a few minutes in the early morning hours, but not sure what I can do with it even if I determine if it's the head or the electronics. It occurred to me that possibly the playback head got moved in the...
  14. R

I've soldered the head wire back into place, but that hasn't cured the problem. The white connector on the upper right board, looking from the front of the unit or the Back? Is that CN712, because it seems to only seat one way in the connector?
  15. R

Right you are. One of the wires is disconnected from the head. It's a simple fix . . . for someone used to stripping and soldering very small wires in confined spaces (which I haven't done in more than 50 years). Oh, well, onward and upward . . . or downward.
Back
Top Bottom