Roadrash's Recent Activity

1. Roadrash liked savatage1973's post in the thread Removing paint smears from speaker cabinet?.

NEVER EVER use steel wool on a speaker cabinet with the drivers still in it. The "fines" given off by steel wool are magnetic and are...

Mar 20, 2019 at 6:09 PM
  2. Roadrash liked Dr. Ears's post in the thread Don't skimp on interconnects, they are very important....

One of the biggest mistakes that I see in high-end audio is a small fortune being spent on equipment and then using poor interconnects....

20190318_173041.jpg Mar 20, 2019 at 6:02 PM
  3. Roadrash liked lf240's post in the thread Well, it made me smile..

About a year ago my 23 year old daughter began to take an interest in vinyl. So as any good father would do, I hooked her up with a...

Mar 20, 2019 at 5:23 PM
  4. Roadrash liked peerson's post in the thread Confused between bookshelf and floor standing speakers.

Mary Ann or Ginger?

Mar 20, 2019 at 9:09 AM
  5. Roadrash liked musichal's post in the thread Confused between bookshelf and floor standing speakers.

What are the best bookshelf speaker compared to floor standing? Best is what I own, of course. :biggrin: A largish bookshelf...

Mar 20, 2019 at 7:02 AM
  6. Roadrash liked Snow's post in the thread Pioneer SX-1250 Score Luck Or Karma.

I am going to listen to it for a bit to make sure nothing fails then decide whether to put it away or do something else with it, as we...

Mar 19, 2019 at 8:54 PM
  7. Roadrash replied to the thread My very own Technics SA-1000 (Needs work).

:lurk:

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:50 PM
  8. Roadrash liked zebulon1's post in the thread My very own Technics SA-1000 (Needs work).

Yummy, New outputs. [ATTACH]

DSC05339.JPG Mar 19, 2019 at 7:49 PM
  9. Roadrash replied to the thread Confused between bookshelf and floor standing speakers.

One man's best is another man's worst, be it speakers, amps, preamps, speaker wires, RCAs, ad infinitum. Botrytis gave the truest, most...

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:37 PM
  10. Roadrash liked E.Man's post in the thread Confused between bookshelf and floor standing speakers.

You're asking something like what type of refrigerator is 'best '. ..... or which is the 'best ' looking star. 'Best ' is not defined...

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:28 PM
  11. Roadrash liked the skipper's post in the thread Confused between bookshelf and floor standing speakers.

What's best? Short girls or tall girls?

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:27 PM
  12. Roadrash liked botrytis's post in the thread Confused between bookshelf and floor standing speakers.

Only the OP can decide what he likes. My suggestion is to go and listen to as many speakers as possible. Just don't listen to what...

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:27 PM
  13. Roadrash liked botrytis's post in the thread Confused between bookshelf and floor standing speakers.

Talk about an open ended topic that usually ends up in a pudding contest. There is no best, only what you like.

Mar 19, 2019 at 7:26 PM
  14. Roadrash liked mbz's post in the thread Kenwood Basic C2 or Yamaha C-70??.

Depends, are you happy with the Basic C2? Has it been refurbished, if not it can do better. Recently picked up a Basic C2, sounded ok...

Mar 18, 2019 at 9:34 PM
  15. Roadrash liked Sesto123's post in the thread Repairs/upgrades north of Seattle.

Thanks guys. Blaine and I have connect d, and hopefully will be dropping some stuff off to him this week.

Mar 18, 2019 at 6:21 PM