Recent content by robsrockin

1. R

Lafayette Kt600 pre amp question

Hi guys,Thanks for the info.I will be looking into how much room I have under the chassis,I have already ran into the problem of finding replacement cans for it can't get them all so I may have to do a little A and B and now it's time for me to go and find the coupling caps so I can change them...
  2. R

Hi folks,sorry about just going away for a bit,had to go N.C. for a bit to help out my brother.I do appreciate all of this info that you have all sent to me.I'm guessing that a complete recap is in order here.I have been looking for a kit and or the caps and have found a guy on the bay that has...
  3. R

Hi Everyone,I am working on this pre amp and have come across an issue that I have not found before.After installing 7 of my nos mullards I was able to power it up slowly and listen to it for a bit 20 or 30 minutes and the thing sounds great,then I started feeling around for excess heat and...
  4. R

Marantz 2252 need some tech assistance

The screw did go thru the headphone jack and murdered it,it has the same screws all the way around it and as far as I can tell nothing else got hurt.I do appreciate the info you folks have given me and I will cut the wires loose and see if it helped the sound. Do you guys think that with this...
  5. R

Marantz 2252 need some tech assistance

Hi everyone,it"s good to be back on the site.I have this Marantz 2252 that is in very good cosmetic condition and it does work.However one of the channels sounds terrible and the other is just fine.I did learn long ago when trying to repair electronics to look it over first,that being said...
  6. R

Dahlquist m905 speakers info and possible help

Well Tox your the man,I did check the speaker out very carefully and did not see any problem at all so I did the 180 thing and it seems to have corrected the problem.Things sound much better now.Do you guys think the problem came from old rubber surrounds getting weak or something like that,if...
  7. R

Hi Guys, thank you for getting back with me.I have never heard of doing the 180 thing with the speaker but I will most certainly give that a shot.It is the 8" speaker that has the noise and they are ported so will be looking to make sure there is nothing inside the cabinet.The idea about the...
  8. R

Hi all,I just picked these speakers up today and they are in pretty good condition and they sound real good.That being said when I play them at low to moderate levels they do sound real good,but if I try to get them reasonably loud,not excessive one of the drivers has a rattle to it.I do know a...
  9. R

Harmon Kardon HK870 left channel sounds nasty Help

I have found and checked 4 fuses on a small board on the top of this amp and all 4 are good.I assume these fuses are the protection for the left and right channels,I also removed all of this glue I could find.If anything it may have gotten a little worse.I am not running this thing for long...
  10. R

Harmon Kardon HK870 left channel sounds nasty Help

Hi all,I just picked up a very clean black faced hk870 power amp and the left channel sounds pretty bad.I do have sound and can play it but am concerned that I may hurt this amp doing so.I have read a couple of post here and there was some concern about conductive glue across some of the...
  11. R

My next Maggie project Amp 175-67

Hi Bud,thanks for getting back to me.I'm not sure about the wires going into the transformer but I will know tomorrow I'm going to take a good look at it.I was taking a look at your modded amp and I think I have a good grip on the speaker outputs just from studying that pix,I do have a question...
  12. R

Hi again Guys,I just finished recapping this amp and now is the time for me to turn it on.I was told to jump a violet and white wire in the molex connector but I don't see a violet colored wire and I have 2 white wires,I did notice that the 2 white wires go to either side of the safety cap can...
  13. R

Hi guys,I am able to get back into building this amp now and I am running into problems ordering the parts for it.The questions I have are can anyone tell me if the rubicon caps that were used polarized electrolytic caps these replaced the multi cap can.also what is a xy safety cap?I can see it...
  14. R

Garrard Type A II

Hi folks,I have been reading the many post about this Garrard type a2 TT and I just picked one up myself.It seems that the TT is an ok piece to use with a vintage system.I do have a question about the one I have.This TT was obviously pulled from a console and has a 4 prong round plug on it with...
  15. R

I will try to send a few pix of this amp,is this dim bulb tester good to have along with a variac?
Back
Top Bottom