Recent content by RobV

1. RobV

AU-517 Pre-Out/Main In Switch wonky

The connected/separated switch was common on many Sansui integrated amps and receivers from ~77-80, but it is very unlikely that you will find a direct replacement these days. Your best bet is to open up the 517 and remove the screws that mount the swith to the rear plate. Then you can spray...
  2. RobV

Sansui AU-819 Protection mode?

20mv. I used to have an AU-819 but sold it (along w/ the SM) to AK member Arsenio in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Nice amp. :thmbsp:
  3. RobV

G-8000 issue: preamp switch help

I replaced one of those pre out-main in switches on an AU-819 a few years ago with a 'good' one from a cannibalized G-8000. After desoldering the switch from the I/O board, it is easy to take it apart by bending a couple of tabs. What I found was not a dirty switch, but that its copper...
  4. RobV

Sansui AU-X1 on its way.

It is VERY NICE looking! I hope it sounds as good as it looks.
  5. RobV

What is a good alternative for PVR-HDTV Cable instead of MCE?

Yeah I have had one (the dual-tuner model) for over a year and think it's great. My kids dominate the use of our (2-tuner) cable DVR, so this is what I use record the OTA-network HD shows that I care about using the QAM tuner. The PQ is excellent and SiliconDust's support is also. I had low...
  6. RobV

Anyone else actually get a CD this Christmas?

Madeleine Peyroux - Half the Perfect World (ask and ye shall receive)
  7. RobV

Sansui SR 929 question

The base is 19-1/4" W x 14-1/2" D.
  8. RobV

Vinyl only spin list

Pretenders (debut) Sire Records - 1980
  9. RobV

Vinyl only spin list

Michael Stanley (blue debut album; Tumbleweed Records, 1973): Moving Right Along, Rosewood Bitters, et al. with studio work by Joe Walsh, Joe Vitale, Rick Derringer, and Todd Rundgren.
  10. RobV

Hooking up Computer to Reciever

Yes you need a USB audio adapter. There are many, but here is a link to one example: http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/micro/home.aspx You can find it discounted, or other cheaper brands if you shop around.
  11. RobV

UPS crushed my Merrylander miracle

I can't help but wonder what the Customs process had to do with this. It may have been Customs agents that opened it and "repacked" it. They have no liability. It seems unfair to many Canadian ebay buyers that many US sellers only ship to the lower 48, but this is one of the potential...
  12. RobV

External laptop sound card

I use both a Creative Audigy 2 ZS Notebook (PC card slot) and a E-MU 0202 USB. I recommend both for use with a laptop. The Audigy has a much smaller form factor, but I prefer the E-MU because it has clearer, stronger bass output and includes a nice headphone amp. The E-MU is 'pro' gear; it...
  13. RobV

Is music multichannel dead?

I think you pretty much nailed it. Anyone who attended one the DSOTM shows in 1973 probably has a similar understanding of the potential of "surround sound". Pink Floyd certainly did.
  14. RobV

PC as source component

I have the similar E-MU 0202 USB (same DAC, but no digital out) and agree it sounds great. It is only USB bus-powered. Does the 0404 have a power supply or is it bus-powered?
  15. RobV

Sansui AU-919 Made Whole Again, Thanks to AK Member Arsenio

Not the first time Arsenio is a true Sansui lover. He sent me a pair of unobtanium TA7318P chips a couple of years ago to fix a balky VU meter on my BA-F1. Guys like this are few and far between in our global 'community'. :thmbsp: Best Regards - RobV
Back
Top Bottom