Recent content by Rociante

1. Rociante

Yamaha p2200 + Quad 33?

Hello, I recently stumbled on a Yamaha p2200 in good working order (though it looks like it's been through war, and won) and have been trying it out using a passive preamp (and a pair of kef 104ab). However, I would like to hear how i differs from the Quad 303 i normally use for power. So to my...
  2. Rociante

Splitting signal from one Quad 33 to two 303s, issues?

Hello AK I have question I couldn't get Google to understand, so I thought I'd try here. I'm thinking about connecting two Quad 303 to the same Quad 33 preamp, splitting the signal out with a custom soldered 4pin DIN Y-wire. Is this a bad idea? I'm good at soldering wires, but don't know...
  3. Rociante

QUAD 303 x 2?

Yes, I am a novice and newcomer indeed. I've spent a lot of time reading on this wonderful forum, but rarely post. Your reminder to take a step back and enjoy really reminded me to do so. Since I got bitten with this bug, I have had a manic tendency to buy/swap/sell, witch has granted me a great...
  4. Rociante

QUAD 303 x 2?

Thank you for your feedback Bimasta. The seller made me an offer i couldn't refuse, so I ended up getting them. My speakers may be on the hungry side (for their size), but I feel there is enough power as it is. Will be interesting to see if i get better separation and an audible improvement...
  5. Rociante

QUAD 303 x 2?

Hello AK, For the last month I have been enjoying a QUAD 33/303 setup that i found and restored, paired with a set of KEF 104ab and Thorens 150. It is my main system, built on a scarce budget (a lot of looking), and the decision to keep everything more or less in the same era has been part of...
  6. Rociante

QUAD 303 x 2?

Hello AK, For the last month I have been enjoying a QUAD 33/303 setup that i found and restored, paired with a set of KEF 104ab and Thorens 150. It is my main system, built on a scarce budget (a lot of looking), and the decision to keep everything more or less in the same era has been part of...
  7. Rociante

DIY 1€ replacement tracking weight for tonearm TP13a

Just thought I'd share this idea I had, that has worked really well. I got a Thorens TD150 mk II a while back for a small amount, to take it home and see if it was working. And it is, wonderfully. The only major problem was the tracking weight that was not there, a strangely common problem it...
  8. Rociante

What Ortofon is this?

Thank you kindly for your answers! I will get to ordering a new stylus as soon as I can decide on one.
  9. Rociante

What Ortofon is this?

Hello, I just picked up a Thorens 150 MK2 from a local listing to replace my trusty old Pioneer PL12D that needs some attention. I've been looking around for information about the cartridge that came with, but find myself at a loss. The only markings on it is "Ortofon made in Denmark" on the...
  10. Rociante

Kef Cantor (I)?

Hello AC! I'm trying to get some info on the "Kef Cantor" speaker from the 70s since I'm thinking of picking up a listed pair, but seem to find very little on them online. Do anyone have any experience? They are small sized closed cabinets with the B200 bass/midrange and a t27 tweeter same as...
  11. Rociante

Am I doing this right? Set up advice sought.

Hello Audiokarma, I've been on here reading a lot lately, but this is my first time posting (also not a native English speaker, so sorry for that in advance). I've been piecing together a low-budget set up in search for a better sounding system. Now since I'm back studying my budget is...
Back
Top Bottom