Recent content by rocknroll1

1. rocknroll1

Another "Help!" request (re: AVR or a Pre/Pro or ?)

I would look at the NAD T758 or T778 ($3500). They come with BluOS built in and NAD priorities 2 channel play back. There are plenty of AV receivers as good or better for 5.1 but I would put it ahead of most for music.
  2. rocknroll1

What to drive new Magnepan 3.7i's

With a $6000 budget, I would be looking at Michi (Rotel High End Line) X3 $5300. It has 200 WPC @ 8 Ohm 350 WPC 4Ohm. If you could swing a little more look at the X5 350 WPC 8Ohm, 600 WPC 4 ohm $7500. They have good power with high current.They are very heavy and large so take that into account...
  3. rocknroll1

Anyone have a good meatloaf recipe

I love some meatloaf. My wife makes some good meatloaf. Not sure what all see puts in except saltines, eggs, ketchup, onions, celery and some spices. My favorite thing is a meatloaf sandwich the next couple of days with mayo and a little mustard on white bread.
  4. rocknroll1

Western Electric 91E Integrated Stereo Amplifier

Has anyone posted about the Western Electric new integrated amp? It sure is a good looking piece and I bet it sounds awesome. At $15k it should. https://www.westernelectric.com/91e
  5. rocknroll1

COVID BOREDOM

Thanks for the reply guys. I am vaccinated and don't feel that bad. I have had colds worse that this. i do have asthma which makes is a little bit worse though. I also had a year ago. I had the infusion then and it made feel worse that the covid did but only for about 48 hours. I decided against...
  6. rocknroll1

AR 2 AX

I bought these for a son-law a couple of years ago and never really listened to them. So I am banished to my lake house ( yes throw me in the brier patch)withI COVID. I am listening to them with a pioneerSX 850 tru a Dennon link and a maverick DAC. I am really enjoying this setup/
  7. rocknroll1

COVID BOREDOM

So Monday I got a positive test for COVID. So my wife banished me to our lake house 30 minutes away. So 2 yaers ago I striped our lake house of audio equipment because of 7 grandchildren under 4. Long story short is, I bought my sun-in -law a vintage system 4 years ago before he had any kids...
  8. rocknroll1

Sonos vs Musicast

If you could replace the wall controls with impedance matching volume controls you could go to a couple of amps to run the system. Add a node to stream. The downfall would be every zone would have to play the same music and volume control would be to each zone. you could do this for around $3000...
  9. rocknroll1

Bryston amp 7B ST with Infinity RS 2.5

Well I finally hooked the Bryston's to the RS 2.5's and the sound good. I think the speakers like the extra horsepower.
  10. rocknroll1

Looking for a Class D desktop amp

Not sure what you are wanting to spend but for $449 you can get the NAD 3020. Great bluetooth, dac and I think phono stage. Probably find a used one for half that.
  11. rocknroll1

Here is a picture of the back. It looks like from the picture that for parallel i wire speakers like bi-amping and for series I only use the 2 red speaker jacks. Is that correct?
  12. rocknroll1

So if thats the case I should be good in either mode?
  13. rocknroll1

Thanks for the clarification on the switch. So in either parallel or series mode the speakers are wired the same (meaning normal red to red black to black from each amp to each speaker) Yes I have 2 amps
  14. rocknroll1

I was get ready to hook these up and noticed on the back it says to wire speaker in series for down to 4 ohm and parallel down to 1 ohm. There is a switch to pick one of them. The Infinity's 2.5 are rated at 4 ohm but I have read they drop lower. Is anyone familiar with this and which way would...
Back
Top Bottom