Recent content by rocknroller

1. R

AR 77 Xb tonearm issue

not sure that helps. That's an XA not XB and doesn't appear o have the same plastic cup.
  2. R

AR 77 Xb tonearm issue

I believe I did try oil first but can lan an try again. Do you have a c lose up pic of where that cup is sitting exactly? The issue with mine is you can't push it Below the level of the plinth and when AT the level of the plinth it definitely is not in a position to turn
  3. R

AR 77 Xb tonearm issue

The tonearm on this table is not swinging as freely side to side as I think it should. As a result, when it hits a scratch the record repeats in that section. There is a little plastic white "cup" or "sleeve" that the base of the tonearm goes through. When this sleeve is flush with the base, it...
  4. R

Teac A-3440 Issue with Sync

Update - I purchased another PCB 4 relay board on the bay stated to be in fully working condition and swapped the original out. No change. Same issue on all channels. Since the odds of 8 relays all being bad are slim to none, the issue must be elsewhere...
  5. R

Teac A-3440 Issue with Sync

Have a problem with Sync mode. Regardless of input channel used, I get random problem with the input signal level not making good connection. (guitar on Mic input, with Mic Att switch set, system, set to record with Pause on, SYNC mode engaged, function switch for that channel engaged) If I...
  6. R

kenwood KR-3090 distortion. Help with signal flow and voltage readings needed

I know it hit the base.collector pair, spark, then fuse blew. If I had easy access to the bottom like most receivers that have a removable bottom plate, I probably would bite the bullet and send off for a $10 replacement and in a couple weeks hopefully be back in business to start debugging...
  7. R

I didn't catch the bolded lines until a poster informed me. I had already taken voltage readings at every single point where the schematic listed the values. They were either the same or close (where close, they were the same across both channels, so regardless of the reading found, I deemed...
  8. R

Left channel is working fine. Yes I did compare channels with sine wave Dual channel scope) and voltages. The schematic I posted showed the differences. Perhaps not ALL the differences in the whole circuit, as I just spot checked a few points at that time, but clearly the problem areas with the...
  9. R

Sorry - I am still learning. "output offset"? Where is that measured?
  10. R

Ah - Which ones do you recommend doing first (e.g. most likely culprits)
  11. R

Acoustic Research AR2a Woofer - which is correct??

The older original one had become completely unglued at the frame, both at the surround and the spider. I glued that last night with carefully centered of coil etc and hope to retest that today. Would it be a fair assumption that perhaps the same happened to the other cab and whoever did the...
  12. R

Hi Craig - I believe I have done that (at least those marked on the schematic) and I noted differences in red.
  13. R

Acoustic Research AR2a Woofer - which is correct??

I have a pair of cabs. Serial numbers are close, but not matched. (36372 and 36376) but woofers are completely different. One is clearly and old AR woofer, and stamped as such on the frame, cloth surround etc. The other "may" be an AR woofer, but I can't find any "ar" markings to confirm...
  14. R

Thanks I didn't catch those darker lines. -29v on the emitters of Qm6/Qm8. 0.7v on the emitters of Q2/Q4. Same values on the other channel so those are good. The tracing starting at Q2 confirmed what I had already posted in the schematic above with the red dots and voltages. Signal gets...
  15. R

ASO? What is that? Yes I had confirmed preamp output sounds fin (both a rec out and the two line into power amp board)
Back
Top Bottom