Recent content by Rockon1

1. Rockon1

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Rattlesnake - St. Vincent
  2. Rockon1

What weird or dumb beliefs did you have when you were new to Audio?

" My ears aren't good enough to tell the difference"...oh wait thats true, lol! :eek:
  3. Rockon1

New Vinyl...

Kind of embarrassing -"Hey check out my new Satch album on vinyl!"....pop,poo, crackle, hiss, pop...lol
  4. Rockon1

New Vinyl...

I think its getting better with playing. Ive listened to the same side 4 times now and it seems quieter. Let my new stylus clean it. :eek:
  5. Rockon1

New Vinyl...

Neat inscription...looks dusty...
  6. Rockon1

New Vinyl...

Im sure this has been beaten to death but I guess my search skills are poor. Point me in the right direction if so...My brand new Satch album Shockwave Supernova has a lot of pops and clicks. Compared to my old copy of JT's greatest hits which is almost dead silent between tracks its really...
  7. Rockon1

Lets See All Them Axes

Nice! Great value. After hearing about the Fireflies and other inexpensive geetars I decided to try and finbd the cheapest one I could- enter the Grote. $56 to my door. It needed some set up TLC and a bit more to make it really enjoyabvle but the finish , like your firefly was great. The 'bones"...
  8. Rockon1

"New Mullard" TechTube E813CC (12AX7) ...

Perhaps- its as close as we are going to get but then again all tubes are vintage technology. Yes it slipped my mind JJ was one of the 3 remaining sources in the world. Slovakia, Russia and China and one of the reasons Blackburn Tech Tubes was such a big deal at the time. Anyways the...
  9. Rockon1

Not the point. Ei reportedly used old Tele tooling .
  10. Rockon1

Yes but in that case they weren't trying to brand them as Tesla. Ei also comes to mind.
  11. Rockon1

The only thing Mike Matthews (New Sensor) acquired is the names- no tooling -at least that I'm aware of. The only reissue " Mullard " Ive seen appears to be a (hopefully tweaked) Sovtek LPS. If you have more info please post a link. It would be cool if they did resurrect the old tooling...
  12. Rockon1

Not sure what you are saying . New Sensor acquired the names "Mullard", Tung Sol", ect. Just a blasphemous use of venerable names imo... There are no vintage tube companies -unless you mean vintage tube dealers. Thats another story. Russia and China still produce tubes thankfully- they are the...
  13. Rockon1

Got three of them still. Guess I should keep them safe...A pair sold for 749$ on ebay... https://www.ebay.com/itm/TechTube-Blackburn-e813cc-Matched-Pair-BRAND-NEW-ULTRA-RARE-/121480769848?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true
  14. Rockon1

Midlife crisis?

:yikes::eek::yikes::eek::yikes::yikes::eek::yikes::eek::yikes::yikes::eek::eek::eek::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::eek::yikes::eek::yikes::eek::yikes::yikes::eek::yikes::eek::yikes::yikes::eek::eek::eek::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::eek::yikes::eek::yikes::eek::yikes::yikes::eek::yikes...
Back
Top Bottom