Recent content by Roel Welters

1. Roel Welters

The Official -Technics SL-1600/1700/1800- Owners Thread

Hi Steve, I would encourage you to replace the old grease from the gears in the arm mechanism. These gears are a weak spot and are probably the cause of the noise you hear. New grease will likely make the mechanism more silent and will prevent the gears from cracking. Refer to the service...
  2. Roel Welters

Technics sl-1401 problem

Hi Migyver, congratulations on your purchase, a bargain! May I suggest you download the service manual from https://www.vinylengine.com/library/technics/sl-1401.shtml You will have the explosion drawings, my suggestion is that you strip the unit so you can remove old grease and grime and give...
  3. Roel Welters

Fix for Technics SL-1300MK2 Suspension (also SL-1400MK2 and SL-1500MK2)

Download the service manual from here. You dont need the transport screws unless you transport :-) So remove platter, headshell, tonearm weight, secure the arm and flip it over on the cover. From there start taking out screws and take pictures while doing... Consider yourself lucky if you found...
  4. Roel Welters

FUJIYA DDM motor TT's

Thanks for the advice! I will try to order the bespoke parts and report back!
  5. Roel Welters

Hi Mooch, my advice: mechanical before electrical! Clean all switches and pots and then try again.
  6. Roel Welters

FUJIYA DDM motor TT's

Hi, So, as I said I've got the turntable and it would not start. Apart from repairing a broken armstand and anti-skating stick I did the following to get it running again I've replaced X1, X2, X3, X4, and the caps around it on the board, I can't remember exactly which ones. The motor has been...
  7. Roel Welters

Luxman PD 277

Hi Guys, I'm working on a luxman PD 277. When I got it, it was dead, but after replacing some transistors and caps it runs again and is pretty stable, or so it seems. 2 issues: 1 - when the turntable is in one specific position it won't start from itself, it needs a little push and then starts...
  8. Roel Welters

FUJIYA DDM motor TT's

Hi Guys, I'm working on the same board on a luxman PD 277. When I got it, it was dead, but after replacing some transistors and caps it runs again, and pretty stable, or so it seems. 2 issues: 1 - when the turntable is in one specific position it wont start from itself, it needs a little push...
  9. Roel Welters

Technics SU-8099

Well, I got lucky and got one for free, but it doesn't work :) Goes on, indicator lights light up (except te power, but I assume its the bulb), seems ok. However, none of the inputs results in output, headphones are silent a VU meter doesn't move a bit. All fuses are ok. Speaker relais don't...
  10. Roel Welters

Restoring a Technics SU-8099, a SU-V8, an SL1310MK2 and some 1200's

Restoring a Technics SU-8099, a SU-V8, an SL1310MK2 and some 1200's
  11. Roel Welters

Luxman PD-277 Motor Will Not Start.

WOOHOO! I fixed mine, replaced transistors X1, X2, X3 and X4 on the motor driver board.
  12. Roel Welters

Did you remove all of the old grease from the mechanics? The gears get sticky through the years...
  13. Roel Welters

AU9500 and TU9500

THANK YOU! It was as simple as the relay, tapped it, sound came back. I tried to take off the cover of the relay: no succes. I ordered a new one and just for now i made two tiny holes in the side with my soldering iron and sprayed it with kontakt 60 (like your deoxit). Problem solved. Thank you...
  14. Roel Welters

AU9500 and TU9500

After a long search I'm the happy owner of these gems. Hooked up to a set of JBL L65 and a technics sl1610MK2 it sings beautifully ... when the volume is above level 1. Below the right channel cracks, disappears, comes back, disappears... It's making me nuts since the soundlevel is to high for...
  15. Roel Welters

Luxman PD-277 Motor Will Not Start.

Did you manage to get it fixed? Mine has the same issue.
Back
Top Bottom