Recent content by rooster2001

1. rooster2001

What is it?

Sorry, here they are.
  2. rooster2001

What is it?

Hello all. Wife picked this up yesterday at a yard sale. Home-brewed in a wooden box. Volume or voltage control, 0-25 volt meter, power switch, pos and neg taps, rear mounted transistor, transformer with circuit board containing 2 2200uf/35v caps, RB60 rectifier, coil, single resistor, diode...
  3. rooster2001

@jbjsr - 5 stars

Great transaction. Drove to meet me and made things easy. Highest recommendation.
  4. rooster2001

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

Mar 29, 2014
  5. rooster2001

Best Budget DAC's 2020 ?

I had an original Modi that had long been retired so I used the case for the tone board. Drilled a couple of extra holes for in/outputs and tapped into the 3.3v pads for an led.
  6. rooster2001

Eight Deluxe issue

Follow up. Replaced those transistors on the ps and all is well. Have been playing fit or 40+ hours now and no issues. As good as it sounded before the work, after essentially a full restore on all but the tuner boards, it now sings beautifully. Really a special receiver. Definitely worth the...
  7. rooster2001

Transistor sub question

My mistake. Typo. Thanks very much.
  8. rooster2001

Transistor sub question

Both Mouser and Digikey show that as out of stock and obsolete. Any other suitable subs?
  9. rooster2001

Transistor sub question

Perfect. Thank you!
  10. rooster2001

Transistor sub question

Replacing 2sd223 transistors on an eight deluxe ps. Is KSC2073 the proper replacement? Thanks!
  11. rooster2001

Eight Deluxe issue

Thanks everyone. Glad to know others have been able to get it corrected. I see in this thread, post #2 that KSC2073 was used in an Eight. Does that look to be a suitable sub here as well?
  12. rooster2001

Eight Deluxe issue

Rob thanks for that. Per suggestions I re-flowed, added, solder on all boards this morning with no effect. Do you happen to recall what you used as a replacement for the 2sd223 transistors?
  13. rooster2001

Eight Deluxe issue

OK. Poked around the boards with no change but this morning after about 10 minutes the pop happened and it's definitely through both channels. Both channels stopped playing for an instant, then "bang", then 2-3 seconds later the music resumed. I can't say for sure the pop is audible through both...
  14. rooster2001

Eight Deluxe issue

I'm not sure. The pop is so loud and quick it's hard to tell. It's inconsistent so it's difficult to know when it's coming to try and focus on either speaker. I powered it up this evening with throw-away speakers with the balance fully on the left speaker and nothing happened. Could be the issue...
  15. rooster2001

Eight Deluxe issue

Thanks for the reply Keith. I should have mentioned that I did indeed feed a separate preamp into the main-ins with no issues. I will try the pre-outs into a separate amp and see what happens. Reaching a certain temp from cold is consistent with what's going on so I suspect you are on the right...
Back
Top Bottom