Recent content by Roypercy

1. Roypercy

Most Underrated Album from the Mid-1980s

Not quite mid-80s, but two albums stand out to me, both from 1982: Imperial Bedroom by Elvis Costello Nebraska by Bruce Springsteen Both albums are hard pivots by two great songwriters following their art into unfamiliar places. Where Imperial Bedroom is lush and orchestral, Nebraska is...
  2. Roypercy

Rotel RB 990 BX Opinions?

I used one of those for a long time when i was running separates. When we moved to our current apartment I decided I wanted to have a more compact system and show off my newly-refurbished Akai AA-1200, so the amp, tuner and preamp got sold (which covered the cost of getting the Akai...
  3. Roypercy

Any Philips AF-777 gurus out there?

Yes, thoroughly cleaned them more than once. the strange thing is, when I got the turntable the speed was fairly stable, just a occasional dip. The belt was worn and stretched out, so I thought that was the issue. I got a new belt of the proper size and thats when the speed went totally haywire...
  4. Roypercy

Any Philips AF-777 gurus out there?

I have one of these turntables in good physical condition. The motor and all functions work, and I replaced the drive belt, but it has a problem with speed fluctuating wildly. I've cleaned and lubricated everything that can e cleaned and lubricated, so I'm assuming the issue is electronic. I...
  5. Roypercy

Hello friends, it's been a while...

Welcome back! Good to "see" you again.
  6. Roypercy

Hi from Bkln NY

Welcome to AK!
  7. Roypercy

Hello from East Tennessee!

Welcome Justin! Blount County native here, currently living in New York.
  8. Roypercy

Hello friends, it's been a while...

welcome back!
  9. Roypercy

Hi from Alentejo, Portugal

Welcome!
  10. Roypercy

Saying hi from VA

Welcome to AK!
  11. Roypercy

I'm New here: I am A. H. Cooper aka "RixiRox", from NYC, USA.

Welcome! Brooklynite here
  12. Roypercy

I need some help in matching speakers to my receiver

Boston Acoustics A60s might be right up your alley
  13. Roypercy

Introduction from East Tennessee

Welcome, Everett! I’m a native of Maryville myself, currently living in Brooklyn but contemplating a move home when I’m able to retire in a few years.
  14. Roypercy

Showing off….

Wow! Very nice
  15. Roypercy

if you could go take back one piece of sound equipment you got rid of

I'd like to have back a lot of things I sold or gave away back when I got into this hobby and vintage gear was so cheap I was constantly "upgrading". But the one that I still think about now and then was a minty Technics SA-500, the first really nice vintage receiver I found. I gave it to my...
Back
Top Bottom