Recent content by RR--

1. RR--

Sansui AU-719 possible relay fault?

Hmmm I'm wondering now if I should do the other side so it's symetrical parts wise, that's a decision for another day I think.
  2. RR--

Yeah it was a strange issue, it happened about 4 months ago but I've just been ignoring it and still using it daily without any noticeable difference in quality. I was a bit worried it might hurt my speakers when powering off so I've just been switching the speaker selector knob to the off...
  3. RR--

Fixed! Jaycar's pretty close to me an open on Sundays so I just bought some and soldered them straight into the spare solder points, I also made sure to install a new fuse. I haven't changed the other rectifiers just yet so I might put that off until they need replacing as well as the...
  4. RR--

Oh ok that sounds great. 6A 400V seem to be quite a bit easier to find locally which would save me a months wait and expensive shipping, do you think these would be fine? If so I can pick them up locally this week...
  5. RR--

So just to check two things, would it be possible just to put those diodes onto the board without the U frame bracket? like in this picture? Does the bracket serve a purpose other than a heat sink? I think I might order these https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/schottky-diodes-rectifiers/9170751...
  6. RR--

Looks like I should have waited before ordering those transistors recommended earlier in this thread, each Mouser order is like $5 worth of parts and $25 worth of shipping haha. Here's a photo of the place I desoldered the rectifier from and the additional holes. Some more questions, if D03...
  7. RR--

I wonder could this part's failure be caused by another faulty part higher up in the chain? Would replacing this and nothing else just cause the replacement to instantly fail? Hopefully it's just this part that's faulty because other than powering off strangely the amplifier sounds great. I...
  8. RR--

I got fairly lucky with my Au719 as it was a one owner and completely stock and rust free when I got it so I don't think we need to worry about any shoddy work. (That's not my own doing) My 8080 on the other hand was a dumpster fire from the previous owner and full of rust but it's singing daily...
  9. RR--

Sorry John, I was confusing my old 8080 filter caps with my AU719's 12,000uF 63V caps, I think you or your son was the one who recommended these specific 15,000uF Gold Tunes caps back in 2013, I was very much inspired by your son's rebuild thread haha.
  10. RR--

Yep I measured both ways to be sure it wasn't another board orientation misprint as this amp does have one already, measured backwards they all just said OL. I'll try removing and retesting it tomorrow. On the sides of these rectifiers there's also some writing: SS-3R_9 216 (in black), SS-3_9...
  11. RR--

So I did some tests and have some info share, it seems to me like one of the bridge rectifier diodes may be in fact be dead. I took photos of every measurement just to be sure I'm measuring correctly so sorry for the image dump. Both initially measured at 0V but after a while D01 started...
  12. RR--

Thanks for the input guys, I'll do these tests later today. Just a few more notes, this amplifier was imported from the US to Australia in 2012, I immediately moved the jumper to 240V power where it has remained since, the original four 6800uF 63V capacitors were replaced with 15,000uF 63V...
  13. RR--

The original filter caps were 6800uf 63V (I still have them) but they were replaced back in 2013 and haven't caused any issues in the last 9 years of daily use. Also just to double check for troubleshooting do you still think I should try desoldering the yellow and grey wires at 09 and 11? Also...
  14. RR--

Hey everyone sorry for the delay! I went away for work for the last few weeks. So here's a bit more information that may help, I just took the top and bottom covers off my AU719 to try what TupolevFan had suggested and I noticed that a fuse had blown. It was a 250V 7A fuse, (Here in Australia...
  15. RR--

Nearly every capacitor is a like for like swap with modern Panasonic of Nichicon replacements, I did them one at a time to avoid any confusion too, it worked perfectly for years until recently when this protection problem started out of nowhere. None of the capacitors looks to be damaged so I'm...
Back
Top Bottom