Recent content by rread13

1. rread13

The P-Mount owners club

I’ve got one of those myself and it does perform quite well.
  2. rread13

H/K ST-7/8 Speed Control Indicator LED Conversion

Thanks for the mention. Your video was very well done and quite enjoyable to watch.
  3. rread13

I love my Harman Kardon Rabco ST-8, But....

I had a very nice condition ST8 that I sold off, I’ve still got a pair of mint ST7’s. One has had the factory upgrades, but still retains the original tire roller, and non adjustable feet? Was that normal? They both worked better than my ST8 so I don’t have any regrets parting with it, other...
  4. rread13

Onkyo PL-25F

Send me a PM (Personal Message). I'll get your email address from it and be able to send a PDF copy to you. Or you can go to Vinyl Engine and create an account and download it from them (which happens to be my contribution), either way you will get the info. It's not the service manual but it...
  5. rread13

Just saw your posting request for a copy of the owners manual. PM me and I can send you a copy...

Just saw your posting request for a copy of the owners manual. PM me and I can send you a copy or go over to Vinyl Engine and create an account and then you can down load it (mine) from their site. https://www.vinylengine.com/library/onkyo/pl-25f.shtml
  6. rread13

Two Sony D5s...both deceased.

Wow, I remember this component. I used to sell these back in the day and had a friend that had one rigged up in his car to play through his stereo system before he got a in dash Pioneer head unit. They were built like tanks! Sorry I can't be of any technical support. Have you found a service...
  7. rread13

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

That's an early model! i hope you also get the mounting clip, there was not a picture of the clip.
  8. rread13

Pickering XV-15/1200E Cartridge

I bet you already know the answer to your question! If you've been happy with the 750E the 1200E is worth grabbing (if the stylus is in fact NOS OEM and was stored correctly so the suspension isn't a dried rock). Oh and the cost if it's not stupid expensive, other wise get a Vividline new...
  9. rread13

Love it when things come together...

WOW!!! What a beautiful table and arm combo! Getting close to Nirvana on a budget I'd say!
  10. rread13

Bought a microscope - my stylus is dirty!

I have this very one. It's not as stable as it looks, it rocks up and down at the collar when you are focusing the camera. The magnification is not strong enough to see diamond wear. It's good enough for inspecting the cantilever for "crud" building up. It works well for that purpose and is...
  11. rread13

Keep my 681eee-s?

What is the current needle on your 681EE, Stock OEM or aftermarket? I've got (2) 681EEE bodies myself with one having a good condition EEE'S (Stereohedron) stylus and some aftermarket 4822-EEE (Pfanstiel). I've been very happy with the Stantons, very balanced performer.
  12. rread13

anyone else running vintage Empire carts?

Wow what a discussion! I've always understood the front bottom of cartridge should be parallel to the record surface. The VTA for 2000 & 4000 bodies is 20 degrees if same as 2000Z? Some where in the thread was mention of clips being different over the years of production. The suggestion of...
  13. rread13

Replacement Stylus for older Pickering XV-15?

Sounds like your Anti Skate needs some tweaking...if your tone arm is drawn in toward the center then reduce the setting. That just takes pressure off the side load(s) of your diamond tip and might account for inner grove distortions.
  14. rread13

Replacement Stylus for older Pickering XV-15?

CTJETTA, My experience and purchase of the three discussed styli go back about two years also. Then the EVG 4606-DEX (Japan) was a very good performing light tracker with a very thin cantilever, the brush was worthless (too stiff to work correctly also caused mico phonics). The EVG 4822-DEE...
  15. rread13

Shure V15 Type IV. Swiss Pfansteihl?

Read the whole thread and no one really has given him straight out right advise on the needle in question. He stated this a secondary system, not his main system and under this premise of use I would say this: Visit Gary over at VOTM and pick up one of his EVG sourced from Japan and you'll be...
Back
Top Bottom