Recent content by rrent

1. rrent

Nikko Alpha VI amp Questions

I ran across a Nikko Alpha VI amplifier at what I'm thinking might be a good price. "Checked out" by a local guy - I'll talk with him and test drive before purchase. Any thoughts on value? Here's what hifiengine has to say: This high power DC amplifier delivers 300 watts per channel, minimum...
  2. rrent

Exterior cleaning question

what is the best way to clean the face of vintage electronics? Is there a safe product to clean the face (while not being concerned about cleaning the lettering, right, off of it)? A style of cleaning? What do professionals use?
  3. rrent

JVC cooling fan question

T This brings me back to techniques for quieting the fan. I'll take some pictures when I get into it and will (if after a good cleaning decide it needs replacing) be asking for advice. Thanks everyone.
  4. rrent

JVC cooling fan question

I found, made an offer, and bought this one from eBay a week or so ago. I have a Pioneer separate amp/tuner combo both in wood and just figured it was a factory option. The eBay seller had (I think, probably, still has) one just like this without the wood case. Mine was described as: "From the...
  5. rrent

JVC cooling fan question

Research/mystery continues: I found a picture of the wood case - lead me to several eBay postings from 2016 with the following description - I'm going to try and track down a human, somewhere in the mix... Item specifics Type: Wooden Case Brand: JVC Country/Region of Manufacture: Japan Model...
  6. rrent

JVC cooling fan question

It comes on with the power switch. The amp will see minimal use, at moderate volume.
  7. rrent

JVC cooling fan question

I'll get into it and most likely remove the fan. My guess is a previous owner addition (previous owner was described as a service tech/collector). I figured this wood enclosure was an original option..?
  8. rrent

JVC cooling fan question

I haven't been into it yet. I'll get into it and take a look. It might be an add on. Thanks R
  9. rrent

JVC cooling fan question

I picked up a very nice looking JVC amplifier (JA-S31) sound is very good - but, it obviously has a cooling fan. While it doesn't sound like bearing of any discernible problem - it is quite audible (just fan noise), and can, easily, be heard from 10' away. I have the amp on a shelf with about...
  10. rrent

Infinity SL-10 WPC rating?

Perfect, I'll run them with the Pioneer. This will be in a smallish home office - no rock the neighbors volume. Thanks
  11. rrent

Cool. I have a Kenwood rated at 20WPC and a Pioneer at 45WPC - any guess on if they'd handle 45WPC?
  12. rrent

does anyone know what the WPC rating is on these speakers ?
  13. rrent

Questions Sony TC-366 reel to reel

I did just that and you guys were correct. Played good, considering- the tape on the take up reel was about 1/3-1/2 some woman droning on, yoga, Pilates, or so old hippy body awareness. The rest was a church choir singing hymns... But the other side - I'm calling it side one, had music. I...
  14. rrent

Questions Sony TC-366 reel to reel

I (a newbie to vintage audio) scored a Sony TC-366 - goodwill, once removed (I got it from a guy who had bought a package deal at goodwill wanting only the receiver). It seems to be in good shape, came with a reel of who-knows-what's-on-it tape. Looks to have just been with the cables still...
  15. rrent

What is this?

I bought this (eBay, waiting for its arrival), but can't find any info on it. I hope to use it to switch between cassette and 8-track players into one input on my receiver. Does anybody have any info on: Special Systems, Inc. Switch-It looks to be made in the USA, possibly in Fort Worth, Texas...
Back
Top Bottom