Recent content by rromeo

1. rromeo

Anybody replaced Magnepan MMGs with LRS? Opinions?

I picked up a pair of LRS for $500....I had previously owned MMGi and have semi regretted selling....I would say the LRS are better than I remember the MMGi being...noticeably in the bass area...
  2. rromeo

2022 Fall Mid Atlantic get together at Ohighway's Sunday Nov. 6th from noon till 6pm.

Yes...fun time as usual....Thanks Rick and Amy!
  3. rromeo

2022 Fall Mid Atlantic get together at Ohighway's Sunday Nov. 6th from noon till 6pm.

NO Barter town for me either..... I have a bunch of albums to bring...I will work on a list to put up here... I have a SME 3009 Series III w/additional wand I can bring I have a Audio Illusions M3B I can bring I have a pair of AN/E SPe speakers....so nice...I can bring those also.... I have a...
  4. rromeo

I should be able to make it....I will bring some steamed shrimp...
  5. rromeo

Tonearm suggestions for SL150mk2

Well I was considering upgrading to SL1200g but they are seemingly impossible to find at the moment..so I am now thinking a new tonearm on my SL150mk2..it currently has an SME 3009 Series III which limits me to high compliance carts etc... I would like a tonearm that can support modern mc...
  6. rromeo

What should I do??

I have two turntables and.... One is a VPI Scout w/JWM 9 arm etc...I like it but it is fiddly One is a Technics SL150mk2 w/ SME 3009 series III arm.....I like it but the arm limits my cart possibilities I am thinking about giving the VPI to my son and either getting different tone arm for the...
  7. rromeo

Denafrips Ares II rca vs xlr

Well since I don't understand anything you said I have to do some research. I just bought the Denafrips, hooked it up and started playing music...not sure what OS or NOS is... Ill see if mine does etc...I can go optical too so may try that as a comparison anyway.
  8. rromeo

Not to scientific but I just raised the volume when just using bluesound to match approx volume of when using Bluesound into Ares via xlr....XLR sounded better by a lot imo
  9. rromeo

I matched volume...XLR "clearly" better ..
  10. rromeo

Coax
  11. rromeo

I have a BlueSound Node 2 that I have been using as streamer/dac...it is really good at making things easy and just work...However, I have been reading that the onboard Dac isnt great and a friend suggested a Denafrips Ares II as he was very happy with his...So I bought one and hooked it up...I...
  12. rromeo

Luxman???

Ended up buying Luxman 509axII. Very pleased...a bit more bright than what I am used to but better detail and bass...I wouldnt say it is better than my Shindo gear but I am planning on selling Shindo separates as I am enjoying the simplicity of this Solid State integrated...It is a sweet integrated!
  13. rromeo

Luxman???

What shop was that in Virginia...would love to actually hear one of these...
  14. rromeo

Luxman???

I am looking at the 550axII....My Shindo Pre is an Aurieges w/MM...the phono stage is excellent. I am going to possibly sell Shindo Montrachet first and keep pre so I can compare with pre section of Luxman...
  15. rromeo

Luxman???

Considering a Luxman integrated... I like the a/b speakers as I have two sets of speakers in an L shaped room configuration that makes two listening spaces. Have never heard one but like the looks and they get great reviews. Basically trying to upgrade the vinyl play and I though maybe if I...
Back
Top Bottom