Recent content by Rt8

1. Rt8

Cartridge "run-in"

Update. As I neared the 20 hour mark, I swapped headshells again. Fixed. No difference so I flipped it over to check all cables again. Well would you get this? I had a cable incorrectly terminated. I feel so daft. Note to self. Double check all cable connections. It now sounds fantastic. I...
  2. Rt8

Cartridge "run-in"

Hi Charles 1973. Thanks for your reply. Yes, I expect that with the cheaper cartridges there would be less QA before going to sale. Overall the sound quality is similar, I'd hope it would open up the sound stage a little more. I have about 15 hours on it and on a noticeable difference in...
  3. Rt8

Cartridge "run-in"

Thanks again for the reply. Yes, it's the same in every way. And yes, MM. Budget end of quality brand.
  4. Rt8

Cartridge "run-in"

Many thanks for reply, I have tried swapping the stylus , the one I swapped it with probably has 80 or 100 hours use and it made no audible improvements. The signal level difference is approximately around the 3 dB range
  5. Rt8

Cartridge "run-in"

Hi Maldon, believe it or not, I didn't list the type intentionally. I feared it might give the wrong impression, I didn't wish to come across as bashing a particular brand. I also thought I might get a broader view of what other people may have experienced across various brands.
  6. Rt8

Cartridge "run-in"

Hi AKers, I have cartridge questions: Firstly, is my cartridge going to reach spec in 40 or 50 hours of play? I have two the same. One is older than the other by a few months. The new one is falling well short in output when compared to that of the of the older. I was a bit surprised to...
  7. Rt8

The Official *Technics SL-1200* Owners Club

I have finished reviewing all the pages... it took quite a while, I scanned for relevance before deciding to read in depth or skip. A serious tome of information to all things SL-1200. Many thanks to all contributors, I have even made favourites of some pages for future reference. All very...
  8. Rt8

Truly incredible sound there... that must be one hell of a cartridge!!!
  9. Rt8

Hello Mr Boochie, It's not! Now I want to listen to it as I don't know the album but like Petet Gabriel. The album is called "Stay Down" by Two Lone Swordsmen. A fairly relaxed album of entirely electronic music. Produced by Andrew Weatherall. RIP I just noticed I don't have the Technics...
  10. Rt8

Hi, I just wanted to pitch in to say I am approximately 1month into ownership of my 1210 mk2 and am thrilled with it. It's in original condition and I don't see that changing for a long time, if ever. I have other nice tables but am super happy with the 1210. Enjoying playing lots of music. It...
  11. Rt8

What's British in your system?

Any reports I read would place your Bronze 2 as superior to my version. I'm very happy with them. Still considering a sub but not in any rush. Those bronze 2 you have are very clean looking the way the drivers are secured into the cabinet.
  12. Rt8

What's British in your system?

I added a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze to the list recently. My Sony soundbar was acting up so I replaced it with a cheap 2nd hand amp and speakers. This set up blitzes the soundbar performance. I wouldn't say these speakers are amazing but they are very good. I keep the covers on to mute the...
  13. Rt8

Unjamming an immaculate Technics SL-5 (with photos)

I'd be cleaning this bar first if you haven't done already. To get to all of it, If you open the lid with power on, press the switch that is triggered by closing the lid and use the long press on the play button to move the tonearm as much towards the spindle as possible, then power off. This...
  14. Rt8

NAD Owners, Let's see your systems!

Very kind of you to offer such assistance, it's gone. The digital display was kaput, I had searched quite alot for a replacement tray mechanism but failed to source one so sent it to the recycling centre. The 521BEE was a bit of a bargain. Approx 50euro including postage.
  15. Rt8

NAD Owners, Let's see your systems!

Update: My 522 CD player gave up the ghost... the drawer mechanism failed, I suspect not entirely due to manufacturing issues as I've got two young children. Not to worry, it worked hard for over 20 years. I was keeping an eye on ebay and I won a bid on this 521BEE, it's not a colour match which...
Back
Top Bottom