Recent content by rudderless

1. R

SPEC 4 Cuts out after warmup

Thanks xlbee and rcs16 for your quick replies. Yes, it's true, the intermittent cutting out was occuring in a much shorter time period, but when I put it on the bench I wasn't able to duplicate it running at lower volumes. Only after reinstalling it in my rack and putting it into regular service...
  2. R

SPEC 4 Cuts out after warmup

I have an exceptionally clean SPEC 4 which, after playing for 2 - 4 hours at low to moderate volume sounding great, distorts in a very low pitch, like a white noise, and then both channels cut out simultaneously. Turned off, and then back on after a day or so, it performs again as described...
  3. R

Record Bin From single 4 x 8 Sheet of Plywood - Plans

I'm in Tacoma Washington. In the unlikely event you are local, I'd be happy to help you make some really nice trim in my shop. Also, you shouldn't need to sand between your primer and finish coats unless you have drips or brush marks. Primer is formulated for paint to stick to it. Not to...
  4. R

Is the grain on your plywood attractive? if so, you may want to consider using Watco Danish Oil or something similar to bring out the depth, and then coating with a wipe on polyurethane finish to protect the surface. Spray on or brush on are also options, though spray on in cans can get...
  5. R

Pioneer Spec 4 KU (120v US model) ASR-041 Relay Compatible Replacement?

Thank you both Zoom and Echowars. Prior to seeing your response, I ordered the Z782-ND from Digikey, which I believe has the same footprint as the Z787-ND model you suggested, but that it is SPDT rather than DPDT. I will look over the link on mounting methods you sent prior to installing and...
  6. R

Also, symptoms can be altered/reduced by placing pressure on the relay.
  7. R

Thanks for your quick response. Just acquired this unit. Hum and clicking sound definitively traced to this relay as well as physical damage to the component itself. Both channels work, tested at low volume. The rest of the inside is remarkably clean.
  8. R

I am in need of the S2 relay for the protection circuit of a Spec 4. The original part number is ASR-041, which is a SPST 120VAC relay. Does anyone know of a compatible replacement? The service manual doesn't clearly give specifics as to the properties of this part, from what I have been able to...
  9. R

Dioder 4 piece light strip set from Ikea for $30, hidden behind 1 1/4" trim. This set fades or flash colors or can be set to stay on your choice of color from the palette. Switch/remote is attached on an approximately 36" cord. Super easy to install. Lighting for top shelf in the works. BTW...
  10. R

Maple ply with Kayu Batu trim
Back
Top Bottom