Recent content by runnin'

1. runnin'

The Pioneer "ELITE" Gear Thread!

I searched for Pioneer Elite and found this thread. Quite interesting, I didn't realize the Elite line had been around for so long. What got me looking is that I was gifted a Pioneer Elite SC-05, a home theater receiver. I looked up the specs and found out about the ice amp technology from...
  2. runnin'

On a sad Klipsch note

Maybe not as expensive as usual. I noticed recently that you can get "b" stock Fortes, Cornwall and Heresy's for a pretty good discount on Ebay from a dealer called Soundseller. About 1200 off the regular price of the Forte's, for instance.
  3. runnin'

Koss Porta Pros with Yaxi pads

Yep, the bang for buck on the Porta Pros is legendary. I have 3 pairs, each with a slightly different variation(including a Massdrop version)and all with Yaxi pads.. When I'm doing yard work or don't want to disturb the wife, the Porta Pros are my go to's. They are not the last word in...
  4. runnin'

Klipsch RP-600M II

I had an interesting experience last night after another burn in session. On a whim, I thought I’d put the Yamaha A S1100 integrated back into the set up. This is the amp that I experienced the occasional etchy leading edge of vocals with when I first hooked up the Klipsch RP 600MII. First of...
  5. runnin'

Klipsch RP-600M II

That's a strategy I've heard before and an easy one to use. The guy that sold me the Yamaha AS1100 suggested it needed a 1/2 hour(warm up) to sound its best and that he left it on most of the time. I'm actually surprised at how neutral the Klipsch's are turning out to be. When I heard them at...
  6. runnin'

Klipsch RP-600M II

Interesting. Do you mean 4 days specifically, or less than a week? I haven't encountered this, but I've of course been playing them every day.
  7. runnin'

Klipsch RP-600M II

Late to the party, but a recent owner of the RP600MII. Brand new they were a bit bright/sharp at times with my Yamaha A S1100. Changed that to a Schiit Freya and an Adcom amp. I ran them in, at this point about 60 hours. I noticed that they started improving and getting smoother after 40...
  8. runnin'

Schiit Fans ?

Schiit finally responded to my 3 emails this morning. With an invitation to refer me to their support department. I said yes please. I’m unsure why this wasn’t done automatically, since I am obviously experiencing issues, but at least I got a response.
  9. runnin'

One vote definitively against the Schiit Modi 3+

Hey. You guys ruined a perfectly lousy thread with all this cables and science vs “whatever” bickering.
  10. runnin'

Schiit Fans ?

I may have mentioned it in previous pages, but I sold my Freya + (and Vidar) because I got tired of the reach around(I know there are work-around for this). Plus, I just couldn’t get comfortable with the insane heat while in tube mode. I still own 6 or 7 Schiit pieces. But I always respected...
  11. runnin'

Schiit Fans ?

So I just picked up a Freya N on clearance, and have been burning in the tubes. I must say, Schiit’s communication with customers is really bad right now. I sent an email last Monday, no response. Sent another polite email on Wednesday, and I still haven’t received a response for either of...
  12. runnin'

Oppenheimer

Yeah, it was not worth the money or the time. The movie tended to jump from 20 second scene to 20 second scene with sometimes little or no connection at all. I got the feeling it was presented thus to appeal to those with short attention spans that plagues our culture. That and the cryptic...
  13. runnin'

schiit

They did several improvements to the Vidar 2. I'm not sure what they are but they significantly improved the SNR and crosstalk specs, and put a power button on the front.
  14. runnin'

Just dumped Facebook

I never got into Facebook or most of the “social media” sites. It takes up so much of our time and is just another path into a sedentary lifestyle. We don’t need no stinkin’ social media!
  15. runnin'

Random Thoughts or Whatever

My point exactly! :music:
Back
Top Bottom