Recent content by russel1972

1. R

JBL L100t question

Yes. SpellCheck is absolutely great!!
  2. R

JBL L100t question

I have these speakers as well. When I bought them, I had to reform the woofers. Both of the surrounds were toast. Like you, more than half of the pegs that hold the grills on were missing. When I took the woofers off to reform, I found all the pegs were lying in the bottom of the cabinet. If...
  3. R

Pioneerpl55x what is this for

It is a "lateral balance weight". If you use this term, there is a discussion here on AK. Better then I could explain. Thanks Al
  4. R

Tivoli Model One - Red/Blue Lights?

I notice that the above pictures show the name Henry Kloss above the Model One name. I am looking at a Model One for sale that does NOT have anything above the name. Anyone know if there are any differences? Thanks Al
  5. R

EPI Speakers Appreciation

The bass has gotten much better. Testing these against the JBL 4301 and there is a noticeable difference. When I compared these during the same song, it sounded as if the M50s were veiled. I kept checking and changed my mind on the sound. What I thought was a veil I now am seeing as more just...
  6. R

EPI Speakers Appreciation

Just took my M50s out of storage to donate. Had not used these for a number of years so I thought I would try them out first. I think I may keep them. They are connected to a Marantz PM 7001 integrated, Akai AM 2850 tuner, Pioneer PD-10AE CD player, Dual 704, Pioneer PL 514 and JBl 4301. The...
  7. R

When do you reach the 90%?

AGE!!! I’m at the age that no matter how much money I spend, my ears aren’t going to get any better. My tinnitus will always be there and I will still be in a condo. I like what I have and enjoy reading about other peoples pursuits. Free and very entertaining Everyone, keep up the thrill of...
  8. R

Checking fuses

Thank you. I will the fuses and check for other issues,
  9. R

Checking fuses

Bought a PL 55X that does not start when the switch is in the on position. Have been searching how to get a proper reading. Some sites say it should test 0 or very close and other sites say it should be closer to 5. I have 0.3 amp glass fuses. Using a cheap multimeter, I set it to the lowest...
  10. R

Pioneer PL 55X

Just picked this up today for a song. Came with the lid, Shure M105e including the brush. It looks to be in okay condition but will probably clean up pretty good. Not bad for a turntable made in January 1975. Sneaking up on 50 years. Will have to clean all the controls. The strobe lights up but...
  11. R

Pro-ject Essential 1

Thank you. Mine is a little bit difference in that there is an adjustment on the top of the rest post. Have it dialled in. All I need now is a gauge to see what the arm is set at. Turned it enough so it sits on the record and doesn't skip. Thanks for the help Just comparing it to my Pioneer PL...
  12. R

Pro-ject Essential 1

Everything seems as it should be. The man I bought it from told me that when he last used it, the stylus has been on the dead max for a while. I think he mal have manhandled it when he discovers it rotating like that. The table is about 10 years old and had been working fine since then. That's...
  13. R

Pro-ject Essential 1

Just purchased the above table at a very good price. Trying to figure out if the tonearm lift is adjustable. Right now, with the lift the stylus will not touch the record. The arm is moving up and down when I move the lift but not going down far enough. I've never worked on a turntable so I...
  14. R

New To Hi-Fi, Need Help

The other overlooked possibility, look at a good set of headphones. Best of both words. You can listen as loud as you want without disturbing anyone and still have great sound. More time to ses what you really want for a later date. Good luck in school.
  15. R

New (to me) baby blue monitors - JBL 4301BWX

I think those be 4301B and not 2301.
Back
Top Bottom