Recent content by RW Oliver

1. RW Oliver

Polydax / Audax HD 12x9 D25 Tweeter Replacement

The abs plastic that supports the diaphragm is thicker than the original.
  2. RW Oliver

Fostex speaker identification

Well , I would certainly accept them for free. Do the tweeters work? What about the voice coils on the woofers? Are these in Manitoba?
  3. RW Oliver

Game of what speakers are these?

Oskar Heil visited our booth in Los Angeles back in 83 or 84. I remember him telling me that he was looking for several million dollars to develope a low frequency Heil transformer.
  4. RW Oliver

Philips Motional Feedback Woofers

Does anyone know what a pair of AD8067/MFB are worth?
  5. RW Oliver

Low end fluttering

Iron core inductors in crossover can saturate and cause the woofers to flutter. One more thing to consider.
  6. RW Oliver

Any IDea About These Drivers????

Herald Electronics was a retailer of woofers mids ,tweeters , crossovers and other electronic parts. They got their goods from manufacturers in the USA and Asia. The owner introduced me to people in the speaker business and that was how I got my start building loudspeakers.
  7. RW Oliver

Would your wife allow it

Were it not for understanding/tolerant wives ,there would not have been a speaker industry .
  8. RW Oliver

Is there a list of ferrofluid specs?

Ferrofluid comes in various viscosities. Contact the manufacturer of ferrofluid. They should be quite helpful
  9. RW Oliver

We meet again, Altec 604s! Quite the find..

I believe the slanted top is to stop people from putting potted plants or drinks on the cabinets .
  10. RW Oliver

Opinion on state of dust cap glue/adhesive

Use Permatex Liquid Tape ,dab on the crack or run a bead all the way around .
  11. RW Oliver

Padding down a tweeter...

Google L-pad calculator. The first result has the calculator and configuration you need. Try 3 db or 6 db and see what happens,not expensive to experiment.
  12. RW Oliver

Yes we did

Yes we did
  13. RW Oliver

Now I’ve seen it all...

Well, makes it easy to rotate your woofers so the surrounds don't sag.
  14. RW Oliver

little help here please!

Brings back old memories. Muscle magnet was a brand distributed by a company called Herald Electronics. I used to buy woofers from them 50 at a time. The owner got me started with Myron Heppner ,one of the owners of Heppner Mfg. They were great loudspeaker company.
  15. RW Oliver

Passive radiators?

Yes, but having a "cheap" woofer made was not cost effective. I am throwing the idea out there for anyone who wants to play with it.
Back
Top Bottom