Recent content by rwcooper

1. R

Newbie from Manitoba Canada

Welcome from Winnipeg Manitoba!
  2. R

NAD Owner's - Unite

I have a C356BEE integrated amp, 80 WPC, which I bought to replace my broken Pioneer SA-8500 that I bought new in the '70s. I also have a C546BEE CD player. I'm very happy with both of them.
  3. R

My "new" Akai GX-630D

Info came from this and other websites. I've seen several posts that mention this. I assumed it to be true as mine is just fine.
  4. R

My "new" Akai GX-630D

One of the nice things about the 630d is it does NOT have the failing transistors problem that many of the other AKAI models have. I have one of these decks and would love to find another one in good working order. Enjoy!
  5. R

DeoxIT in Canada?

In Winnipeg Tip Top Electronics carries it. Don't remember the exact price, but it seems to me it wasn't overly expensive.
  6. R

Do you have too much gear (stuff)?

It's not possible to have too much!
  7. R

Do you keep your speaker grilles off?

Normally on, but I remove them quite often when listening to music.
  8. R

How many of you built Heathkits?

HealthKit digital multimeter, frequency counter and oscilloscope calibrator. Still have all of them and they all work.
  9. R

The good days are over for now

I'm not buying anything major until the Canadian dollar recovers, instead I'm saving my money.
  10. R

Old Catalogs

I lived near a Radio Shack in the late '60s and early '70s. I would always pick up the new catalogues as they came out. I'd also go to the audio stores in town and pick up the free manufacturer's literature and drool over all the goodies. Seeing these again alway brings back the same feelings...
  11. R

LIGHTING!!!! oh no!!! DAMN!!!!!

I got hit many years ago. Took out two computer monitors back in the days when they were very expensive and the parallel port on one motherboard. They were connected to a surge suppresser. Now when I finish using my audio and computer equipment I unplug the power bar to which they are connected.
  12. R

Digital Gear ages so fast

Make that four!
  13. R

Info on a rare amplifier needed!

Looks the same as an Eletra EDS 277 amplifier I had in the early '70s.
  14. R

Teac X7R

Agreed, I would give the tape path a thorough cleaning and then test again with a brand new tape.
  15. R

Canadian Rock

My favourite would be Mahogany Rush.
Back
Top Bottom