Recent content by Ryan11

1. Ryan11

Bang & Olufsen A9

Hi. I have a chance to grab a B&O A9 speaker for $1,400. Its a returned item, so that's why it was marked down so much. Is the sound worth it? I love the design but don't necessarily want that to be the only reason to buy it. I plan to play both wireless and connect it to my turntable. Thoughts?
  2. Ryan11

Bang & Olufsen A9

Hi. I have a chance to grab a B&O A9 speaker for $1,400. Its a returned item, so that's why it was marked down so much. Is the sound worth it? I love the design but don't necessarily want that to be the only reason to buy it. I plan to play both wireless and connect it to my turntable. Thoughts?
  3. Ryan11

Infinity Kappa 7

Thanks for the advise Swechsler. I will hold off.
  4. Ryan11

Infinity Kappa 7

I have a chance to pick up a pair locally from craigslist for 300. Currently running JBL E100's for a wide range of music from classical to hip hop. How much of an upgrade are they from my current speakers? https://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/6121539968.html
  5. Ryan11

Grabbed this at Goodwill today

One place you may want to check is Jamies flea market in Amherst OH on Saturdays. Thats a pretty good spot to find some good stuff without spending an arm and a leg.
  6. Ryan11

Grabbed this at Goodwill today

I spent some time calling all the goodwills around Cleveland, they all said as soon as they see vintage audio, it goes straight to their website.
  7. Ryan11

Marantz 2238b - worth fixing?

As an update, I opened up the cab and cleaned all the pots/switches. I didn't realize how poor shape the inside was going to be. It seems like it was sitting in a garage for some time and susceptible to the humidity changes. I forgot to take pics, but can this evening to supplement this post...
  8. Ryan11

The way I read them all is, like you said, worth it if it just needs a good clean. The other thing I gleaned from all the responses is that 150 at a repair shop is not worth it and I should just do it myself (or with help).
  9. Ryan11

OK I will take your advice and hold off. I was still trying to use it yesterday when the right side started acting up. Decided to take it out of commission until I clean it thoroughly.
  10. Ryan11

Thanks, I had no idea.
  11. Ryan11

I think you are spot on with the cleaning. That is the general consensus from all the replies to my post. Thanks for the input. I have talked with 3 repair shops and they all quote me the same thing, around 150 to start, which makes me think they also believe it is just in need of cleaning.
  12. Ryan11

Thanks Chef! I just printed the whole thing. Will be trying my hand at tearing it apart and cleaning it next week and will follow that guide/good ole' youtube.
  13. Ryan11

Hey Bob, I am right downtown, by the Browns stadium. Thank you very much! I may take you up on the offer. Do you know when, in May, you will be in the area? I am waiting for a delivery of Deoxit to come by mail next week and I will take a crack at it. Now that I am thinking about it, the guy...
  14. Ryan11

Hey Ross, thank you so much for the offer! I will try my hand at tearing it apart and cleaning it first, but will keep your offer in mind. That said, if you are ever working on something that you need a second hand, I am always up for learning and helping out. I almost made the mistake of buying...
  15. Ryan11

Hello all, I need some advice from people who know Marantz sound... I picked up a Marantz 2238b from CL ($225) recently and it has some issues. Channel 1: Left side seems to have more power output than right side Channel 2: Left side sounds extremely scratchy through the speaker (jbl e100) and...
Back
Top Bottom