Recent content by Ryanj52

1. Ryanj52

Traynor Speakers

I was happy I didn’t have to lug the speakers home, they were loud and sounded what you would expect them to sound like. Just not what I was looking for.
  2. Ryanj52

Traynor Speakers

Thanks I came home with Pioneer SX-980
  3. Ryanj52

Traynor Speakers

Luckily he has agreed to separate the speakers from the receiver and we are meeting in the morning, Thanks Again.
  4. Ryanj52

Traynor Speakers

Thanks I figured so much but figured I would ask. I haven’t contacted them yet the asking price is decent for just the receiver, if they were worth something it would be a better deal. Thanks
  5. Ryanj52

Traynor Speakers

I am considering buying a receiver and the seller has it bundled with these speakers. I am really only interested in receiver, however if he won’t separate I may be bringing these home. Is anyone familiar with these they remind me of a Peavey style speaker. Just figured I would ask here to...
  6. Ryanj52

Dual 1219

Well I had a nice email exchange with Bill from Fixmydual this afternoon. I believe based on our conversation the price I paid for the unit and the 50HZ maybe issue which I mentioned to him, I believe I have decided to send it to him. His price seems reasonable and like anything it could go up...
  7. Ryanj52

Dual 1219

Thanks I will check out the apps, I did checkout Vinyl Engine and have been looking at all kinds of things since I got it, not trying to hurry anything I don't want to cause anymore harm if something is broken. I also sent Fixmydual an email today just enquiring how they go about rebuilding...
  8. Ryanj52

Dual 1219

I am glad you asked this question, Thank You, I am obviously still learning turntables, and just learned something new.
  9. Ryanj52

Dual 1219

I am still cleaning the unit, I have powered it up most of the functions are still gummed up and I just ordered a sled from Best Audio Parts so I haven't attempted to listen to anything yet. I wanted to clean more of it before I try. So I am guessing something will need to be done if the 50HZ...
  10. Ryanj52

Dual 1219

I am in the US, Louisiana specifically
  11. Ryanj52

Dual 1219

What is the difference?
  12. Ryanj52

Dual 1219

I probably would have fathered a regular base but it is in decent shape and useable. Unfortunately the stacker spindle is pretty rusty probably not useable. Those parts were cool to find, a little bonus.
  13. Ryanj52

Dual 1219

I did some cleaning on it today, the dual logo on the case was held on for the most part by scotch tape, it had a few small bends I am trying to glue it back down with some clamps. I did verify that the motor does work most of the switches are gummed up I started looking at the DIY restoration...
  14. Ryanj52

Dual 1219

The platter is 50Hz, the center of the platter still had cellophane on it when I took it off. It is nice and silver underneath. Is there anyway to get the goldish discoloration off the platter?
  15. Ryanj52

Dual 1219

Thanks Eric for the info
Back
Top Bottom