Recent content by SaltWaterJim

1. SaltWaterJim

Transistor substitute help

I wanted to update this post for a while. I ordered a part from one of the links above. This was not the right part. The part I received was PNP and I needed a NPN. I spent another week digging through the net and found a post with a replacement part number NTE184.
  2. SaltWaterJim

Magnavox Turntable 3-prong power wiring - red, black, yellow?

This is an old post but I would like to say thanks to everyone that posted above. One of these came in the other day and had not seen a power cord like it before. With the information above I was able to test the turntable without taking the bottom cover off to see what wire did what. I found...
  3. SaltWaterJim

Thanks for the help everyone!
  4. SaltWaterJim

Not sure why the pic was so small.
  5. SaltWaterJim

Here some pics of what I'm working on. This is what I had in high school.
  6. SaltWaterJim

I'm looking to replace a Motorola MJE9400. Is there a sub I could order from Mouser? Any help would be great.
  7. SaltWaterJim

Need help with a KA-405

Found the problem. There is metal plate on the back side of the plastic face plate. It is lose and will fall out when you take the front cover off. For testing I left as much as posable unassembled to save time if things were wrong and that was one of the parts left off. The volume knob is...
  8. SaltWaterJim

Need help with a KA-405

Thanks for the reply.
  9. SaltWaterJim

Need help with a KA-405

I found this amp at a Goodwill and brought it home. After checking things out I found it has a hum when it is switched to the phono input. I thought it may have a bad cap some where, so I replaced all the electrolytic caps. Power up after cap install and the hum is still there and found another...
  10. SaltWaterJim

SX 780 cap question

What is the difference between the black and orange caps? They have the same specs. Can I use this cap from Mouser to replace them both? One more question,the last pic is that a cap or something else?
  11. SaltWaterJim

Idler tire for Yamaha k-550

Thanks for your help. I'll report back when I get one in stalled.
  12. SaltWaterJim

I was able to get if off in one piece, has 3 cracks in it. Looks like 20mm od, 14.5mm id, 2mm wide
  13. SaltWaterJim

I replace the belts on my 550, but the idler tire slips and will not play. Does anyone know what size of tire to order?
  14. SaltWaterJim

Need help with my CR-820

I know how to test diodes and looked up testing transistors. Can they be tested in the circuit?
  15. SaltWaterJim

Need help with my CR-820

TR 717 is the number.
Back
Top Bottom