Recent content by samhill1981

1. samhill1981

Ma5200 cracked face plate replacement questions

Hello, I recently moved, and of course I somehow managed to crack the faceplate in transit, despite my best efforts. I’ve already sent an email to McIntosh inquiring about purchasing a replacement faceplate, cost and install, but I was wondering if any other users have experience replacing the...
  2. samhill1981

Phono preamp recommendations for Hegel H160?

I did look into the Hegel v10 actually, but unfortunately it is a good bit out my price range, and with it being pretty new I still haven’t seen any used ones go up for sale. also, I’m finding that a lot of preamps don’t have mono switches, and I’m wondering if there’s a simple way of adding a...
  3. samhill1981

Excellent. Thanks for all of the recommendations. I can start researching now. :beerchug:
  4. samhill1981

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Low Secret Name (1999) Kranky
  5. samhill1981

Sorry, thought my location was listed. Texas. Thanks for the info. I haven’t heard of Darlington labs before, and the reviews I’ve found online have been positive. Also, appreciate that it’s not at the high end of my price range. :) Also, I’m just wondering, would that DL MP-7 be considered an...
  6. samhill1981

I’m looking to move my Hegel h160 into my main setup. However, there isn’t a phono stage built in, and I’m looking for recommendations in the < $1k range. Since I’ve purchased the Hegel I’ve only used it with a bluesound node, and cheap bookshelf speakers. So I’ve hardly experienced the best...
  7. samhill1981

ma5200 noise when unit is turned on...is this normal?

Ok, excellent. I figured this was normal, but my mind is at ease now. Thanks guys for the response!
  8. samhill1981

ma5200 noise when unit is turned on...is this normal?

whenever i turn the unit on there's a slight noise, not exactly a "pop" but definitely audible. i'm wondering if this is common when turning on other mac amps/integrateds? i got this unit second hand, and it's always made this noise. had it a few weeks now. it's not a noise heard through the...
  9. samhill1981

Dirty Three - Ocean Songs
  10. samhill1981

Big Star
  11. samhill1981

How do i connect a subwoofer to MA-5200? And subwoofer recs?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but i'm unsure of how to connect a sub to this model without a subout. Please feel free to explain this to me as if i'm a child. I'm also wondering what sub recommendations you all might have in the less than $750 category? My setup: MA-5200 Klipsch...
  12. samhill1981

Just got a MA-5200, looking for best way to stream its DAC?

Thanks again for the feedback. I think I am going to go with the Node 2. Most everything I could find has been positive. I’ll likely just use the dig coax into the built in dac of the amp and test out tidal.
  13. samhill1981

interesting, wasn't aware of this product. what connection is recommended from the node to the mcintosh dac...optical, usb, coax? also, what is the best streaming service for music files? tidal? i currently just have spotify, but i don't believe they have hires files. any issues with WIFI...
  14. samhill1981

So I recently purchased a used MA5200, and I'm loving it so far. However, I'd like to be able to stream the best quality I can using my phone to operate, and take advantage of the DAC. So I'm looking for options that would enable me to do just that. I admit I don't know much about DACs, or...
  15. samhill1981

Looking for suggestions to replace current receiver...

You aren't joking. Found this excellent little video pointing out all the in's & out's of the 300c. Looks like that specific bulb replacement is a real pain compared to the others. @50:50
Back
Top Bottom