Recent content by Sansuiman

1. Sansuiman

Sansui King

So you replaced the glass of an AU-111MOS Vintage with one from an AU-1111MOS Vintage? Is the replacement an original or reproduction part? And if the latter, how did you obtain a reproduction? I have a 111MV with broken glass, and have been trying to source decent artwork to make reproduction...
  2. Sansuiman

The Last of The Greats - Last Alpha Cd Player -Sansui CD CD-α607

@jayvis, those specs come from hifihwiki, and it appears everything listed from "CD Text" onward in the original listing has a colon after it, implying that those features aren't bullet points, but rather were intended to have a yes/no listed after each one, depending on whether said feature...
  3. Sansuiman

Any opinions on Sansui BA-1000 Vfet amp?

That's a very nice (and vanishingly rare) amplifier. Sansui's only foray into VFETs, as it happens. I'd love to know how it was converted for 120V, as it retains the original toroidal transformer, unless a new transformer was wound and placed inside the original case.
  4. Sansuiman

Some CD players that predate direct mp3 playback don't know how to interpret a data track (versus audio) and so will attempt to read the TOC from the disc, and may display some sort of track and time information. These usually will provide no sound output since there is no valid digital audio...
  5. Sansuiman

Show Me Your Sansui!

@DB-7, Will vouch for it sounding excellent. I was a bit surprised (though I don't know why I'd have expected any less from a Sansui of this era). This entire line of 1971-72 separates have been quite remarkable, IMHO. And they look great, too.
  6. Sansuiman

Show Me Your Sansui!

@DB-7, where'd you find the BA-100? I picked one up a few months back, but they are not easy to find. Maybe even rarer than a BA-150.
  7. Sansuiman

Sansui cd alpha 717dr

I'm always careful not to have gear I don't intend or want to sell visible in pictures of gear I post for sale. Also careful not to have other gear on display if someone comes to pick up an item they've purchased in person. Have learned from experience that failing to do so invites unsolicited...
  8. Sansuiman

Sansui cd alpha 717dr

I know this is a very late reply, but I just saw this thread. @peterott had asked how the different display colors were achieved. The native color of the VFD is pale blue. The amber/orange color is done by placing a deep orange tinted plastic filter over the display. Other filter colors can be...
  9. Sansuiman

I'm sure it will play properly mastered CD-R, probably some CD-RW (these are always a hit or miss proposition due to lesser reflectivity) but there will be no mp3 decoding on board. That didn't become a common feature for another few years after the CD-a607 was made. I'm patiently awaiting a...
  10. Sansuiman

Allen Organ Contemporary Console

Quite interesting. I'm well familiar with Allen organs, but didn't realize they ever built audio consoles. I guess it makes some sense, they already had a cabinet shop to build very well made organ consoles, speaker cabinets and equipment racks for their organ business. I suppose they viewed...
  11. Sansuiman

Sansui Six, I Broke FM

I'd be surprised if new cals didn't knock the alignment out enough to necessitate a redo. Keep in mind that even good quality caps have a pretty wide tolerance, so even 10 or 12 caps replaced on a tuner wouldn't probably put baseline values different enough to cause alignment issues. Glad to...
  12. Sansuiman

AU-919 Ribbon Cables

@Ray Gianelli, thanks! I wasn't all that proud of doing a repair that way at the time. This was in a vintage synth that had to be repaired and returned to service with as little downtime as possible, so I improvised my own ribbon cables (which were just interconnects between two boards). The OE...
  13. Sansuiman

Sansui 5000A Goodwill Find!

I don't think I can post a link here, but if you go to eBay and do a search for "Audio Optocoupler / Opto-Isolator" you'll get a hit for what appears to be the very same item, even has the same description and specs taken from the listing at the linked website. I have no affiliation with the...
  14. Sansuiman

You Should Know

Will agree on @Ray Gianelli, have watched some of his vids and he does a very good no nonsense presentation. I do like to see how other techs attack a problem, I'm not beyond learning something new.
  15. Sansuiman

Show Me Your Sansui!

True, but I'd guess the definition of a midrange model is a bit fluid. The Seven was smack in the middle of a series comprised of only 3 models (ok, 4 if counting the Eight Deluxe, which replaced the Eight outright) and so I can more see it getting the midrange control than a middle of the range...
Back
Top Bottom