Recent content by SARTORE

1. SARTORE

What happened to QRX Restore /Vintage stereos

You guys are lucky living nearby qrxrestore. I bought two units from them a qrx 9001 and a eight deluxe. I always dealt with late Jim (great guy) via email and these are probably the only units they shipped to Africa (back in 2015). Now I live in the UAE and suffer to find a reputable place to...
  2. SARTORE

Show Me Your Sansui!

You did GREAT! Looks beautiful!
  3. SARTORE

Show Me Your Sansui!

Finally had time (courage) to clean some pots and switches. Man, this thing is big and heavy! And it looks nice too! The pictures below show a quick 4ch test with a SACD player. Unfortunately, due to force majeure and technical difficulties (wife) I can't have a permanent 4 speakers set in my...
  4. SARTORE

Is it me or vintage Sansuis out of control

There is this shop in Italy selling a G22K for 5.500 euros (usd 6.500), they put an add on an european website (I'm not sure I'm allowed to paste it here) Anyways, the following is how the seller described the unit (translated from Italian): "Cyclopean spectacular magnificent unit for those...
  5. SARTORE

Why are we into sansuis ????

Why Sansui? Memories... and a lot of good ones! I was crazy about this little G series (which I believe was a 3000) in my friend's house. His father was very fond of this receiver that - at that time - was a new and expensive brand in my country. When his father was not at home, we kids used to...
  6. SARTORE

Here's A Nice One I Got Today!

I think it's very nice!! Congrats !!!
  7. SARTORE

Show Me Your Sansui!

New to me Alpha 607 MR This little gem arrived a couple of months ago. The sound is very clear, detailed and it reinforces my long time theory - you can't go wrong with the Alpha series... What a pleasant sound. Please, don't mind the pictures as I was just running a 2 hours test after some...
  8. SARTORE

AU-5500 and AU-6600 price for good condition models

Take a look at marktplaats.nl which is the dutch "ebay" - I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here :whip: There is an AU 5500 being offered. Highest bid currently at 210 euros. Vendor says "perfect condition" and it looks good from the pictures. It seems legit but a bit of precaution is...
  9. SARTORE

Sansui Alpha series settings and notes

Thanks for the feedback but I have to disagree. It is confusing and the translation was poorly done maybe because these units were intended to Japanese domestic market only. Why the heck put the word "speaker" between Hot/Cold and terminal ??? I believe that your experience in the electronics...
  10. SARTORE

Thank you! Stupid question: what do you mean by shorted cd inputs ?
  11. SARTORE

Thanks for the wonderful topic. I'm having a hard time to adjust DC offset on my Alpha 607 MOS Premium... one channel is ~70mV and the other close to 0mV. I did not find the service manual for this specific model so I used the one for the 607MR. Terminals and adjustment points are all in the...
  12. SARTORE

Multichannel streaming services (like spotify and tidal for stereo music): do they exist ??

Gents, Are there any multichannel streaming services available ? The same for multichannel DAC for non-professional applications ? My idea is (please let me know if this is possible): Multichannel streaming -> Laptop -> multichannel DAC -> Sansui QRX 9001 (Quadraphonic 4.0 receiver) or are...
  13. SARTORE

DAC over vintage Sansui 'blasphemy'?

Ive been running Tidal in my laptop connected to an external DAC (Cambridge Magic Plus) then connected to various Sansui receivers/integrates, all with marvelous results! I still play my records in the SR4050C - different experience, always with a single malt - but 90% of my listening time...
  14. SARTORE

AU-X701 went up in smoke

That's why I love this forum... people willing to help!
Back
Top Bottom