Recent content by Savage06

1. Savage06

BIC Venturi F4

GW 5 dollar find, figured worth a shot. I fully expected to replace the tweet and replace caps as they looked completely original. Took them home and was pleasantly surprised. As many have said, not audiophile quality by any means and no real midrange. Imaging sucks, but truly a great garage...
  2. Savage06

Boston A-40 Series 2 - Worth Saving or Nah?

Its a no-brainer-- refoam them and enjoy them until you decide to remake the cabinets, if ever. I just refoamed a pair I rescued from the thrift store for 7 bucks. They live up to the hype. Fantastic little speakers. Maybe not much ROI for a flip, but you couldn't touch the performance of...
  3. Savage06

Help ID these hk speakers-- HK Model 2?

Update from Harman Kardon: Model 2 60Hz-20kHz (+/-3db) 6 ohm Sensitivity 88db Woofer 165mm polypropylene (6.5 inch) Tweeter 21mm dome polycarbonate 2-way, 70watts
  4. Savage06

Horn??? I emailed HK. No joy yet. They want a serial number but I can't find one. Pulled the woofer out and the only markings are 9-6116/014 6FCSR 4ohm 36261. Nothing on the tweets. The crossover is integrated into the back of the spring clip terminals and the port tube is cardboard...
  5. Savage06

Speaker Surround Repair

Agree with A400. You've got nothing to lose by trying to repair it first. I don't think tire cement will work-- vulcanizing mechanism requires use with a patch. I would suggest superglue, specifically the Permatex o-ring glue. I know a well driller/plumber who uses it to fabricate his own...
  6. Savage06

Thrift store find. Couldn't dig up any info on them while I was at the store, so I left them behind. I no sooner got out to the truck and decided I'd go back in and take a chance on them for 10 bucks. They seem to handle some power for their size. Pretty clear mids and highs, but bass is...
  7. Savage06

Newest DCM Cult Member

Just picked up a pair of TF-600's myself and couldn't be happier. I've been looking to try a set for awhile based on all the accolades here. Last summer I found a set at a local shop for a reasonable price and when I asked if I could demo them, the owner pointed to my right and said "You'll...
  8. Savage06

Do you still have any of those balance pots available? I'm looking for a replacement on my...

Do you still have any of those balance pots available? I'm looking for a replacement on my 1219. Thanks!
  9. Savage06

Some speakers you guys should check out.

Couldn't resist! Hey, it got you looking!
  10. Savage06

Why does vintage hifi sound so good ?

Why does vintage hifi sound so good realtive to new hifi for the same price (used vs new) For the same reason my '30's vintage Conn 10M Naked Lady has a classic sound that can't be reproduced by a new Yangisawa-- quality materials, craftsmanship, and character.
  11. Savage06

Some speakers you guys should check out.

Thanks for the heads up, RC. Always looking for options to pair with my low to mid-powered vintage obsessions!
  12. Savage06

Show us your Realistic (Radio Shack) stuff

My grandfather had some Realistic gear for years that I always admired. Wishing I would have paid more attention. I picked up a STA-240. Form what I can find, a limited one-year production from 1980. 60 wpc of deep, silky goodness. "Auto Magic" tuner, dual tape monitor, channel switching...
  13. Savage06

Nikko Guru?

Thanks Guiller! I did see that post, and I have the same hot Zener issue but it works fine. Some discoloration on the board, but it functions. As suggested in the post you linked, I think it was engineered with the expectation to generate some heat there. As far as functionality, she...
  14. Savage06

Nikko Guru?

Just picked up a Nikko NR-1219. I've been after one for awhile. She needs a little TLC but holds a lot of promise. I've searched the forums and see quite a few members mention the 1219 here and there, but I haven't noticed that anyone has any particular subject matter expertise for Nikko's...
  15. Savage06

Greetings from Perth Australia

Welcome Beaker!
Back
Top Bottom