February 10
Retired ,Master Millwright

Share This Page

sawdust

I was born to protect and serve, Male, from Michigan

Subscriber
    1. pacoats
      pacoats
      hello, i found a reference for you when searching for wood cases for stereos. i have a pioneer sx-1250 and would like an aftermarket case - are you still making these? thanks,
      peter
    2. DaninPa
      DaninPa
      hello sawdust. I came across your postings on this site while researching info about my Pioneer SX-750. your solid walnut cabinets are beautiful looking. Would you be interested in making one for me? I'm new to this site so I don't know how to message you other than posting here. thanks for your consideration. DaninPa.
    3. HairySatchel
      HairySatchel
      Hello Sawdust. I met up with you on another site and you recommended I come here. I just reread your thread "Pioneer SX-1050 New Case Project"and I must say that one professional looking reproduction. Great work and indistinguishable from the original. I only wish I had the skill and tools required for such a project. I can't even make the face blocks at this time. Can you help me out?

Thanks
    4. Rococo
      Rococo
      Good evening, I was pointed your way as someone who makes cases for vintage receivers. I have a Yamaha CR-1020 which was dropped and busted one of the corners. Would love to get a replacement case in walnut or rosewood veneer with some beautiful chatoyancy.

I'm not sure how you go about making estimates but what would be est price and turnaround for something like this?

Thanks!
    5. W8n2ski22
      W8n2ski22
      Hi, Per your message: Yes I make them are you a AUDIOKARMA member You can contact me through the sight message system my username is SAWDUST. I am in Denver, Colorado and I need a SOLID walnut case for both my Pioneer SA- 8800 and TX-7800. What would the time frame be (at your convenience) to make them and what would the rough estimate be? Very much appreciated, and thanks again!
    6. pognoot
      pognoot
      Oh no! Okay thanks for the update
    7. Bsambo59
      Bsambo59
      Hello, I am interested in a wood case for my Pioneer CT-F1000. What would your price and lead time be on one? I am located in Colorado.
    8. oldaudioyank
      oldaudioyank
      Good morning, I have admired your beautiful walnut cases and would like to know if you would consider making a case for my Pioneer SX-850. Once again, thank you for your consideration.
      Fred C.
    9. rhodus
      rhodus
      Hello Sir, I just wanted to check in with you about the three 1250 cases I ordered. Hope all is well....
    10. splicerphil
    11. not2quick
      not2quick
      Hello. was wondering what you charge for a walnut case for a SG-9500. Thanks!
    12. Cajava
      Cajava
      Hello, I have a SG-9500 EQ that has no cabinet. Would you be willing to make one for me? Also, if you do make that cabinet I will have to upgrade the cabinet on my SX-1050 to match. Cant have the 1050 lookin bad. :) Please let me know how much for both and shipping to Portland, OR, thanks so much. Take care, Jay.
    13. rhodus
      rhodus
      Hello Sir,
      Just checking in with you. I ordered two 1250 cases from you a few months back and was wondering if I could add another to that order.
    14. rhodus
      rhodus
      Hello Sir,
      First, I want to say the 1250 case I purchased from you is stunning. Craftsmanship second to none. With that said, I want to order 2 more 1250 cases. I would be happy to pay in advance if need be. I am a businessman myself and know the frustration of unpaid orders.
    15. tramtrist
      tramtrist
      Evening Sawdust. I'd like to get an understanding for the cost of a SX950 solid wood (walnut?) case. I hear you're the person to talk to. Shipping to Michigan if possible.

16. gkhashem
      gkhashem
      Amos

Sorry I never saw the message but I really love your cases. Not in any need at the moment

I just gave you a plug on the board so look at the thread
    17. sawdust
      sawdust
      George
      I am ready to get back to woodworking fishing been slow this summer good to hear from you let me know when you need more cases .
      Amos
    18. gkhashem
      gkhashem
      Hi Amos Hope all is well

Both of my cases from you are still nice!!!
    19. donknox
      donknox
      Hi Amos - it seems like you're quite the popular craftsman here on AudioKarma. Can you let me know you're process for taking orders for custom Pioneer cabinets? I have an SX 850 that is decent shape, but need a custom solid wood beauty for my 50th birthday coming up. I know you seem very busy with requests, but wanted to inquire with you for details. Thank you! Don
    20. sawdust
      sawdust
      Greg

I don't make that style anymore. I had to wait till I had at least 3 orders before I make them .It is to much work and set up to make just one.

Amos
  • About

Birthday:
    February 10
    Retired ,Master Millwright
    Furniture and Cabinet Making And of course fishing

Signature

I was born to protect and serve