Recent content by Saxman

1. Saxman

Yet Another AU999 Recap thread

Had to go to Mouser to get the BiPolar caps, so they now have most of my caps order. Before I order parts I thought I should double check what I used on the Phono Stage (1228) In TR603/604 I have Bipolar Transistors BC63916. Looking at other threads, I can't find any that suggest that part...
  2. Saxman

My Dim-Bulb Tester doesn't dim

Thanks Gaz & Skip, Brilliant! I've also been getting a bit nervous about making sure my DBT is as safe as possible. Went to Bunnings to buy the parts and immediately realised I was going to run in to more "down-under" woes trying to follow my US DBT construction notes! So, now that we have...
  3. Saxman

Thanks guys, I broke the leg off one of those 281s before, but luckily from the board side, so it was easy to solder back. Thanks for the tip on the bi-polar cap. Damn. Element14 draws a blank there. Will have to look locally, or take the order to MouserHK. Would rather keep it local...
  4. Saxman

Cheers Kev, Thanks for your time. Good to talk to someone in the same hemisphere. Went looking...

Cheers Kev, Thanks for your time. Good to talk to someone in the same hemisphere. Went looking for DBT parts today. Different parts in the shops than n the good old USofA. I'll call my electrician friend after the kids are asleep/ Cheers
  5. Saxman

:dammit: Had to look up "diode" setting. YES! It is the diode setting I'm using. I used the Ohm setting to get a different reading and the fried Tranny comes up blank. Onsemi's it is then. Thanks guys. I'm actually really glad the fake's arrived as I've been waiting for three weeks to see...
  6. Saxman

Actually, the Ohm's reading just falls steadily as soon as it starts reading with all off them. I guess this is normal cos it happens every time?! Hard to even get a starting point. The readings are Left Front:base-emitter-513 base-collector-490 Left Rear: base-emitter-514 base-collector-490...
  7. Saxman

Thanks Toby, You're a legend. I've sworn off drinking and ebaying late at night. I'll trash this rubbish and order a full set of the OnSemi's I was just looking at your old recap thread to find out if you and Kev quoted/tested measurements on these T03's. Thanks for your response. Very timely...
  8. Saxman

Hi Kev, Sorry last reply was late night and lengthy. New post is (relatively) short regarding...

Hi Kev, Sorry last reply was late night and lengthy. New post is (relatively) short regarding Fake T03's. I'm sure they're fake but will await a reply till I flame the seller. Cheers
  9. Saxman

Fake? T03's arrived Fake?!?! T03's finally arrived. Well, after three weeks these "genuine" Hitachi Transistors arrived from this ebay listing. Bought at a premium from NY seller, as the HongKong ones just seemed too cheap...
  10. Saxman

Thanks Kev, Really appreciate the response. Been reading old threads since this post and realised some/many of my questions have been covered before. ie: Old VS new Output Transistors It's a big place, AK!! Gold! So this post is more "observation" than questions. The next posts will be more...
  11. Saxman

I've been lurking here since I bought my AU999 two years ago. This post has been moved from a previous 999 thread Just a quick public thanks to Kev and Jim (and EchoWars, DCin and others) for all the amazing info here on these beautiful amps. You guys are incredibly generous and helpful and...
  12. Saxman

Better low end for AU999

Moved to new thread. Thanks
Back
Top Bottom