Recent content by SB Marantz

1. SB Marantz

Marantz 33

What do you mean with/by matching? Of course they match. ;-) Ow you mean soundwise? Read about nfb and pherhaps you will understand. Cheers
  2. SB Marantz

hd-880 Speakers

I had those once but sold them. Now i have, just for fun, a pair of 770. Good top end, bass heavy...mids are off but after adjustment ok. overall: good speaker
  3. SB Marantz

how loud you ever played your klipsch ?? and with what ??

My Marantz model 500 blasting some serious Vac to the Klipsch (SB tuned) RF-7 mk1. These speakers are dangerous was the comment i got from a friend.....LOL
  4. SB Marantz

Electrolytic Capacitor Shoot-Out

Your ''techie'' still has to learn a thing or 2................ wonder caps dont excist.....and repairing a 1060 is fun for a real tech.
  5. SB Marantz

marantz prices going up?

That is why i have some 40 units......:smoke:
  6. SB Marantz

is my Marantz PM 700 going to the trash can?

Ofcourse not, it has no seperate headphone amp....... Check all resistors on the main amp board to begin with, resolder everything, and i think with that you are almost home.
  7. SB Marantz

What is the best Marantz Cassette Deck?

Best decks imo: SD-930 (MAAC!) SD-820 SD-720 All direct drive + level/bias computer Forget the compudecks, beautiful but crap. Best in that series is the SD-6000 or 6020 ( replace optocoupler may be needed) 5220 is also good but no external bias adjustment possible.
  8. SB Marantz

Power supply cap replacement worth the effort!

Those original ones must have been totally worn out and you would hear a distorted sound at a higher volume.
  9. SB Marantz

The Legendary DAC - Philips TDA1541

How about this one? Should be a prototype.
  10. SB Marantz

Bose 301 vs Marantz Imperial 7

The 7's are ok imho. A much better choice would be the HD 770.
  11. SB Marantz

3800 osculating above 9000 hertz??

I am getting a little dizzy from your scope display...what's the signal source?
  12. SB Marantz

250 250m

Bring's back memory's Freddy..........LOL The 250 story when i ''met'' you.
  13. SB Marantz

Marantz "warm", "Colored" sound not "True" "Clear" sound? What?

There is no spoon........................
  14. SB Marantz

Who has Vintage Marantz Amps/Receivers?

I have a few......;-)
  15. SB Marantz

Fixin' up my new-to-me Marantz 1250

All i see is the component side.........what i'd like to see is the other side..... So something like ''before and after.'' Example of my own work on a Kenwood supreme model 600:
Back
Top Bottom