Recent content by sbrownnw

1. S

Vincent SV-237 Your Thoughts Plus A Couple Of Questions

That noise is usually called / caused by "tube rush". Tube rush (noise) is a fact of life with tubes, no matter what brand or model. Some are noisier than others, others quieter, but unless you hand select the absolutely quietest tubes from batches in he thousands an fine tune the surrounding...
  2. S

Vincent SV-236!

Looking for a Vincent SV with 6 analog inputs (226, 226MK, 236) if anyone has or knows of one...
  3. S

Vincent SV-237 Your Thoughts Plus A Couple Of Questions

Great thread here. I currently run Audio Refinement (YBA) separates and would really like to try any of the Vincent SV amps with 6 analog inputs (226, 226MK, 236) as I need that many for my 2 channel AV system. Anyone know of one of these rare beasts for sale? Here is a current pict of my...
  4. S

ProAc Studio 118

I'm surprised to hear this as I ordered my 148s from Hawthorne Stereo in Seattle. Call Sound Organisation in TX. They are the US supplier.
  5. S

ProAc Studio 118

ProAc says the 148s can go down to 25Hz. Mine have great bass in spades, especially with the outriggers and the downward firing ports.
  6. S

ProAc Studio 118

Wanted to add my positive experience with my Studio 148s. Just love them with my Audio Refinement (YBA) separates, modified Rega RP6 table and custom Mogami / KLEI cables. Plus I use the Soundocity SEV9 outriggers (highly recommended as these slim towers can be unstable). Full system...
  7. S

$1000 Budget System Design Challenge

Hi everyone, Just found this thread and I submitted a similar $1000 system challenge to the Positive Feedback Facebook site. Requirements were basically full system with turntable front end plus D/A converter. Here it is: $395, pro-ject essential USB belt drive turntable with built-in...
Back
Top Bottom