Schmidlapper
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Dear Bill, hope you are very well. My name is Danny, I am from Buenos Aires. It is a pleasure to be in contact.
    Could you help me with my Rowe R 4359A? I liked your project (Started a Rowe R-4359A amp conversion May 28, 2015). Could you share the final conversion diagram that you achieved. Cheers and thank you in advance! Danny
    The size of the avatar in threads made it look like you had a cigar in your nose. I see now you have on a brown glove picking your nose.

Interesting choice.
    Schmidlapper
    Schmidlapper
    Hard to see it in a small avatar, but it is a cast iron pointing hand, used for indicating a direction to go or look, from a bygone era.
    An Empire 990 arm can be rewired, although with some difficulty. There are two difficult stages. The first is removing the 5-pin plug in the pillar without making a thorough mess of things. The other is threading the wires from the arm-tube down through the pillar.

The contact block in the head shell can be carefully pried out.

If you no longer want your 990, I would like to buy it from you.
    Schmidlapper
    Schmidlapper
    I was able to remove the five pin connector and I did try touching up the solder on the two open wires, it did not help. As a condition of recieving the turntable I agreed to not sell it without offering it back to the original owner ( a relative). I wouldn't fell right selling off a major chunk like the tone arm under that agreement. I appreciate your asking though and if I ever get the go ahead I will contact you.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom