Recent content by ScottO13

1. S

Anyone good with line array series vs parallel wiring?

Ok then, thank you,. I guess the end result I am trying to achieve is not a mini line source. But instead a 5-way? system. 60-80 Hz down I am going to use my two Martin logan descents. I want to split the bass cabinets up with two different drivers . Three for mid-bass and 3 for what I'll call...
  2. S

hmm, but I have 7 panels mounted with a possibility of adding a eighth mid. I was already thinking of using your idea about the two closest mid's to my ear height which would be the Third and fourth down. What would you think of 3 in series and 4 in parallel giving me 7.6 Ohm load? The load is...
  3. S

Thanks. I looked for "Graz" one night for quite awhile and for some reason all I came up with were dead ends. These had the Monsoon's in them when I received them. I don't know if this makes much difference but these are the Neo9s models. I guess that I just didn't like the idea of buying more...
  4. S

Well, Since it looks like I've "awakened" this thread, I have a question! I am in the middle of rebuilding a set of Infinity RS-1b speakers that I recently acquired. After I received the set I found that several drivers were bad. The crossover didn't work correctly and the soldering was horrible...
  5. S

How did that work out for you?
  6. S

Onkyo m-504, m-508, and m-509 repair/upgrade, conundrum/problem.

And the article I read said that they ONLY came in black! So the M-588's and M-510 had actual, real wood sides instead of the MDF? nice. Real wood as long as it's dense, helps with damping also.
  7. S

I don't believe this. I've been looking for info about one of these for awhile. You have or had one and one just popped up for sale on Ebay. A little too pricey for me right now though. "$4,200.00". Yeah, I just got my first M-509 in the mail Friday. "Yes I have a giant mailbox",'smirk". And...
  8. S

There's one more that's "supposed" to be better than a M-509, It has a larger power supply than the 509 but still not as large as the M-510. What I've heard they call it is the M-588 or the M-589/5890 but I'm not really sure. Does anyone know? So far I've read about it but I've never even seen a...
  9. S

But thanks for looking, I need all the help I can get!
  10. S

Hee hee, Never seen an m-509? I have three but two need allot of work! Deeztip, they will "kind of" make a connection. The kind that might cause some damage to your amp I believe if you leave them there and try to amp whatever comes through.. Please remove those, yer makin me nervous!
  11. S

I looked at all of mine from the side of the posts and there didn't look to be enough room for banana plugs I didn't think. I thought about "forcing" the old red and black plastic nuts off but I know someone that tried that and the metal stud broke off at the amp case.I WAS going to try to find...
  12. S

Receiver recommendation...vintage look, modern guts?

I've always wondered about those Chinese tube amps. Are they copies of proven designs? Or just "cheap as they could make 'em's"? And since I know hardly anything about tube amps. How is a seven watt amp going to satisfy someone with a reference listening level of 72 to 80 Db? I've always...
  13. S

there iS some space available for larger caps. Especially vertically. I'll measure Monday. By utilizing a larger four caps it was summised that the power rating could be upped as well.
  14. S

Great! Thank you so much! as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words". I am taking it in for service Monday anyway so now I can get the old panels off beforehand and use them as templates for the new "real maple" ones I'm making. I'll post some pics when I get done. Yeah squealer...
  15. S

I am wondering after reading online about re-capping "replacing" the 8 main capacitors. There was a thought posed that it might actually be better to replace the original caps with just four much larger caps. The reason being that the pins were all assigned and the cap custom built in an...
Back
Top Bottom