Recent content by scottykarate

1. scottykarate

Some thoughts and feedback wanted for replacing parts.

I think that even discussing this project has likely damaged them beyond repair and you should send them to me for a proper burial. I have a decent sized yard. :beerchug:
  2. scottykarate

Anyone seen these before? - Infinity HCA Hybrid Class A Amps

I had a bead on one of these in 2017 and passed on it to buy a MC7270. I always thought I should have bought it and tried it out. I imagine their performance is ok, but nothing great. It would pair nicely with my preamp, though. The McIntosh and Sigmas have been gone for 2-3 years, too. They...
  3. scottykarate

Do people still have their FET preamps?

I got to looking at my Infinity preamp today and wondered how many of them are still around. I wonder how many have been tossed by unaware people because they are heavy and have wood on them? There's probably some sitting in a garage, attic or shed as I type this. :yikes: And it is the usual...
  4. scottykarate

Kinda shocked-Ren 80's and Christmas music

Yeah, I'm definitely concerned about every Infinity driver I have..lol. It will drive me insane (more insane) if one goes tits up.
  5. scottykarate

Yeah, I definitely lucked into finding those Sigmas and my FET preamp for sure! I didn't realize how limited the Sigmas are until I saw the page on the 'gon where someone who worked on the project talked about them being made for the European market and a few went to Japan.
  6. scottykarate

Wow, tonight I was listening to a few Christmas songs from my youth and 1 is Carol of the Bells by Leonard Bernstein and the NY Philharmonic on The Joy of Christmas album. I have been using my AV receiver for my preamp for both my Sigma/MC7270 combo on zone 2 and then my Rent 80s for surround...
  7. scottykarate

If McIntosh Were A Car Brand, It Would Be a Rolls Royce

And which car manufacturers made impressive cars back then? Everything was neutered and Lee Iacoca was a vehicle God.
  8. scottykarate

A pleasant stroll through the past

Yeah, this is a great source for Infinity info for sure. It is also dangerous because I always read about and/or see something that I may need to have. I have to steer clear of it some because I keep wanting the speakers one or more levels higher than what I have. My pocketbook is very lucky...
  9. scottykarate

Stumped by Rens

Well, my 80's sound pretty good until I fire up the Sigmas. The Rens sound a little more congested/less separation...just less of everything. With that being said, the Rens kick butt. I'm actually pulling my sale ad for them down because I'm pulling them out of the home theater set up and going...
  10. scottykarate

Hitachi HS-1400W Speakers - - Houston CL

Sounds like once you crank on em, they have a 70's plywood box sound upon doing a search. Sounds like theyret extremely efficient! Definitely interesting.
  11. scottykarate

Kappa 9 VS RSIIa

My MC7270 is in need of a refresh, so that may be the cause, but I flash the Power Guard lights on it when I rev up anything with a lot of kick drum or a lot of steady bass such as Sorrow by Pink Floyd. Don't let anyone fool you, they (Sigmas) will take every ounce of power you can give them. I...
  12. scottykarate

InfiniTesimals

I like the 1s, but the speaker connecting part sucks.
  13. scottykarate

InfiniTesimals

I don't know, but to me, 4 ohm means don't skimp on power. I understand it's a static rating, but if you can feed them more power (depending on what you're doing with them), I'd do it. Mine are just rear channels right now, but I still don't like them being attached to a receiver.
  14. scottykarate

Oh, Yeah!

I like your style. Run whatcha brung and let 'er rip, taterchip!!! Getting an audio fix anywhere is good for the soul!
  15. scottykarate

Kappa 9 VS RSIIa

My listening room is small, I'm about 12-13' from mine and my Sigmas are backed against the wall, but I'm not going to let them sit. I bought them to listen to and not for value or a conversation starter. I'm saying you're doing anything wrong, I'm just giving my perspective since we're in the...
Back
Top Bottom