Recent content by ScottypB

1. S

Vintage Sansui gear

the QS-100 says 4 channel Rear amplifier on it.
  2. S

Vintage Sansui gear

If I knew how to I could do that
  3. S

Vintage Sansui gear

Hello to everyone! I recently couldn’t pass up the opportunity to acquire some vintage Sansui gear from a friend of the family. He got it from his grandpa and I didn’t have much time to do my research as he was going to put it online if I didn’t pull the trigger. I am hoping for some insight...
  4. S

New setup help!

I’m not that new! Haha
  5. S

New setup help!

I did pull the speakers away from the TT and away from the corner and it seems like the speaker shaking wasn’t an issue. I played with all the settings without an issue. So I think I’ll try to rearrange and keep the TT separated from the other components.
  6. S

New setup help!

Everything in this setup is new to me and much better than what I had previously. I will figure something out to get the speakers off the floor as no spikes or anything came with them. If I make a set of pegs for them will they need to have rubber bottoms to minimize vibration? I can...
  7. S

New setup help!

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Blue Shadow/ Miklos: it’s a Rega Carbon cartridge I’ll upload a few photos. I had my speaker right beside the TT. I’ll maneuver som things around and try get some space between them. I’ll also try the low filter.
  8. S

New setup help!

Hey everyone, I’ve recently began to upgrade my entire audio system and have run into an issue I’d like to bounce off some more experienced minds than my own. I purchased a Sansui AU 6600 and Paradigm 9seMK3 speakers first and hooked up to my JVC JL-A20 turntable. Everything seemed to be...
  9. S

Advice needed on setup and equipment

I get what you’re saying now. He did not replace anything that didn’t need to be done. A part of the board was ‘fried’ and had new parts as needed to get it running. I could call the shop and find out exactly what he put in and possibly get the schematic from him. From what I remember it...
  10. S

What do you mean by upgrade the amp? I’ve already had it restored.
  11. S

This setup is only listening to vinyl. Mostly blues and Classic rock.
  12. S

I am looking for advice regarding my current setup. Since I am Fairly new to listening to vinyls I’ve got most of my components handed down from family. I have tried to research each component for reviews and quality but I’ve found there’s a lot more to it than the information I am getting. I...
Back
Top Bottom