Recent content by screamineagl

1. S

Integrated amp recommendation please

Well the Marantz came it yesterday and I got a chance to set it up and run some records through it for about 4 hours. At first, while I thought it was much quieter with the record running but before the music kicks in (which is a good thing), I thought that the old amp wasn't that bad (not...
  2. S

Thanks for your comments, I do appreciate it. I've googled till my fingers are sore and I have come across some comments about the bass not being as strong as the watts rating would suggest as well as the stigma of the Yamaha's being bright both here and over at whathifi. Again, I take those...
  3. S

Thanks for the suggestions folks. I'll look into the other suggestions. Do modern amps tend to sound exaggerated and excitable? Similar to how a lot of modern bookshelf speaker sounds? I don't mind some extended frequency response, but I don't want to partake in a fatiguing listening...
  4. S

Hi from S. Cal

Been hanging about here for a few years, but starting to get active in pursing my personal hifi setup so thought it'd be better to join and get active with this group.
  5. S

Also, I have a pair of Polk Audio R15's that are hooked up to the TV's HT setup. I've had these for 10 years and they serve their purpose just fine. I've hooked these up (before I got the A25XL's) to my setup and they sounds really nice. Lots of separation and and detail, but also quite...
  6. S

Good day all, I don't post much here, but I do read a lot of the good advice from you all. I'm looking for a decent, but not too expensive integrated amp for my current setup. I just picked up a pair of Dynaco A25XL's in really nice shape. I'm exclusively listening to vinyl with this...
Back
Top Bottom