Recent content by seacliffe301

1. seacliffe301

RIP Terry DeWick

So sad to hear this. Not only am I fortunate enough to have had most of my gear make its way across his bench over the years, I've also had the pleasure of speaking with him numerous times over many years. Last year I purchased an MPI-4 that was refurbished by both Tom Manley & Terry. That item...
  2. seacliffe301

Any chance of finding MAC 1500 glass?

That is so disappointing, who was the shipper used? Glad to see that you found a replacemen.
  3. seacliffe301

Great Plains Audio Status - Anyone with Factual Information?

Time will tell if this is a positive move for consumers, regardless I'm glad I used them when I needed to.
  4. seacliffe301

C28 faceplate illumination Q

Only because you’ve asked am I offering an opinion, certainly not meant to slight anyone. First of all, I am a purist when it comes to this stuff. Regardless of the perceived benefits I would not alter any of my units from their original state. With no clear sanctioned process established I find...
  5. seacliffe301

MCD-7005 Faceplate replacement

I've had to replace the glass on my MCD7000, without instructions. It's pretty straightforward but have you looked on YouTube? It seems that just about anything has a "how to" video these days. If you do proceed the one world off caution that I would offer is DO NOT force the glass. If it's the...
  6. seacliffe301

McIntosh Cabinet Repair SF Bay Area

That is absolutely beautiful, incredible workmanship by Carl. You don't often see that kind of generosity these days!
  7. seacliffe301

Considering purchase of non-working MC2105

All these amps are heavy LOL, fortunately they don't get moved often. The 2505 is a great amp, I actually owned one with the C28 mentioned above. Rated at 50w/ch, mine was always good for 72w/ch. when tested at the Mac clinics. Certainly that would be a nice match to your high efficiency...
  8. seacliffe301

Considering purchase of non-working MC2105

That's a great acquisition, especially since you got cabinets with them. At one point that pair represented McIntosh's top of the line for a home system, plus the SCR2 is a handy accessory. With a second set of speakers, you can have front panel control on the C28 to a remote set of speakers to...
  9. seacliffe301

Mark Levinson 27.5 or McIntosh MC2205?

I've only had experience with Mac but will share this... Years ago I was selling a McIntosh C-32 and 2125. A colleague of mine expressed interest so I brought them in for him to take home and test drive with his Klipsch. End of story, he bought my Mac system & sold all of his Mark Levinson and...
  10. seacliffe301

Looking for my first Mac component, preamp

Personally I would move past both the 5100 and 6100, but a 6200 is well worth considering. Power guard, 5 band EQ, flexible switching options, outputs for 3 sets of speakers plus rated at 100w/ch which is probably more like 140/ch. Also can be used as a dedicated preamp for your mono blocks.
  11. seacliffe301

Does Tom have a C33? You can stop right there, his presale preparation and restoration is as good as it gets. If he has multiples, purchase the one with the best cosmetics. Unless something has changed in the last couple of months, his components go through a thorough electronic restoration...
  12. seacliffe301

After owning a C28, and C32, I landed on a C33 and never moved on from that. That was decades ago. If Audio Classics has one I would start thinking about that.
  13. seacliffe301

That really looks beautiful, nice work. What oil did you apply? It looks like you were able to apply right over the existing finish without the need to strip, is that correct? If you don't mind me asking, what prep did you have to do after the repairs? I'd love to spruce up all of my L-12...
  14. seacliffe301

Well, honesty is always the best policy, and deceit should not be an acceptable option. It would have been one thing had they called to say that there was an accident... but instead you're told "the cabinet came apart". The fact of the matter is a valuable cabinet was destroyed with no attempt...
  15. seacliffe301

@cwh that’s amazing work you did there, you certainly saved the day. @catama short of replacing that cabinet that shop at the vary least owes you a substantial discount on the technical services performed.
Back
Top Bottom