Recent content by seikosha

1. S

Fosi Audio ZA3 - Initial Review

Less demand on the power supply?
  2. S

Thanks, I think I understand what you did. So even though you fed both signals into the ”right” input, one signal was from the left channel and the other from the right. I guess some of my OCD is coming through!
  3. S

Enjoyed the review. Very comprehensive and well thought out. Thanks for posting. One thing I didn’t understand is that in the pic you posted of the dual mono configuration it looks like you are just running one channel twice. In both units, the input is attached to the same channel and the...
  4. S

Jolida JD9 orVincent PHO-701

Your room looks awfully bright and reflective. My guess is that you’d get significant improvements by just treating that space.
  5. S

schiit

Kind of an unfair comparison. The Moreplay has gain, it’s going to sound a lot different than the Saga, especially if your system needs that gain. I’ve got multiple preamps…cheap to expensive. Depending on what I’m playing, sometimes a cheap passive one without gain sounds better than an...
  6. S

Nobsound E6 Preamp Uses Directly Heated Tubes

Anyone ever see a picture of her listening room or know what her actual reference components are? What speakers does she use?
  7. S

Amp Advice

It’s a bit redundant to throw the Saga in front of the Allo. You don’t need the Saga if you have the Allo. I have an Allo Volt+D, but really I’d consider spending a bit more…the Yamaha might be a good recommendation or perhaps the little Rega IO amp might be in your budget. I’ve also got a...
  8. S

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Hi PG, no, a buddy and I did the comparison with no extra preamps in the signal path.
  9. S

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

I don’t know PG…I’ve compared a pimped out 3116 with my Volt+D and I have to say that I preferred the 3116 as long as the extra power wasn’t needed.
  10. S

Official Kef LS50 owners thread

I ran that combo years ago. It worked fine.
  11. S

Kef 105, Yamaha NS1000, Yamaha NS690 II

It doesn’t matter how many watts your amp is. What matters is if you play that amp too loud. You could mate a 1,000 watt amp with 25 watt speakers and as long as you aren’t aggressive with the volume, you’ll be fine.
  12. S

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

Just about every speaker I have ever had can do the disappearing act. It’s just a matter of some being better than others. The main factor is a good room and setup. After that, good equipment helps take things to the next level.
  13. S

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Wow….that’s surprising. I’ve got both too and in my systems, it’s not even close with the SE84 easily the preferred amp. Did you own them both at the same time? Actually, my favorite little cheap amp is the little 4 tube Miniwatt. That’s a great little amp.
  14. S

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

10/08/2013
  15. S

Pairing full range speakers with SET 300B tube amp?

I’m a big fan of single driver speakers. I’ve got multiple examples of Fostex, Mark Audio, Omega’s and others. My favorite is the Omegas. I’d definitely recommend them to anyone looking for high efficiency designs.
Back
Top Bottom