Recent content by seminole54

1. S

Recommendations for new preamp

Dave is not retired. You can still buy most all of products from John Rutan at Audio Connection in New Jersey along with a small handful of other dealers. If you buy or order out of stock items it may take a while though.
  2. S

Recomendations: "Warm and Muscular" power amp 20-30 watts

Van Alstine Vision SET 120. I have it's big brother the SET 400 and have also owned four different Odyssey amps. They are voiced similarly. Also has an input sensitivity of over 2 volts which helps with tube noise with high efficiency speakers and tube line stages with higher gain numbers like...
  3. S

In search of new pre amp

I would look at Van Alstine for both pieces.
  4. S

Wharfedale Linton heritage 85th Anniversary

Bastian I have never heard the S300's but I did have a pair of S400's in house for the full month trial and as I ran them 24/7 for over a week before serious listening they were fully broken in. While the S400's are a fun little speaker for a small room and especially if you listen loud they...
  5. S

Need a new sub

I own four Rythmik F12's, two in each system, they are going to be really hard to beat if you are used to a servo based sub and in the end you get what you pay for. Plus nothing in audio is the price it was when you bought your last sub.
  6. S

Belles Aria Integrated Amp

@CKDC Chris I have owned an Audia Flight FL Three S integrated since the Spring and think it is a first rate integrated. Don't know which one you own but you are talking lateral move at best.
  7. S

If you were spending $4K on an Integrated, what would you choose and why?

Cullen cables are a good solid buy. Well made and Patrick is easy to deal with. He will make any of his cables to whatever length you need. Same with Cap at Audio Envy.
  8. S

Try these, great power cables at fair prices. The PSA power cables are re-badged Chi-Fi cords. Or a Brian said try Cullen or the Shunyata's. http://audioenvy.com/product/power-cord/5732/
  9. S

Bukhardt Audio S400

Exactly the reason I sent them back after 28 days.
  10. S

Brian I've owned an Audia Flight FL Three S integrated since the first of the year and it is an excellent piece that has driven anything I have put in front of it. Contact Paul at the Audio Shoppe in Boston about it. Mine has the adjustable MC/MM phono stage in it but that doesn't sound like...
  11. S

Price check : new McIntosh MA-252 , 352

According to the release announcement the MSRP on the 352 is $6500.
  12. S

Schiit Saga+NuForce STA-200+ZU Audio Omen MKII Dirty Weekends

Glad you are happy with the Nuforce. I have had one for about six months and before that the Job 125 it was based on. With the proper preamp like your Schitt or my W4S STP-SE it is a hard amp to beat without spending a LOT more money.
  13. S

NuForce STA200 Power Amp

I've owned an STA-200 for months and it is a first rate amp and a steal at it's price. It is based the circuit for the Job 225 which I have also owned. You would be hard pressed to tell them apart. I ran both with either a Nuprime DAC-10 or a W4S STP-SE.
  14. S

Night and Day? Ref 3A Taskim / PMC Twenty5.23

As you're in Canada you might want to take a look at the Verity Audio Finn built in Quebec City. http://www.verityaudio.com/en/loudspeakers/main-line/finn
  15. S

(Was) not hearing a difference between my NAD DAC and CD player: Border Patrol DAC SE Update

Yes it is and the way things go with him there is no telling how long any of that stuff will stay put. I've never heard any of Louis' speakers but know he has a large devoted following on AC and many are using LTA gear with them. An amp I always wanted to try but even my Spatial Triode...
Back
Top Bottom