Recent content by sensei91

1. sensei91

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

For 15 years I have been listening to my Definitive Technologies BP10s powered by a MC-162 amp. I am using a C-15 preamp , and previously used a C 28. What I like about the combination is that it does well with all kinds of music. I like the Bipolar sound, and it made my original JBL L100s sound...
  2. sensei91

Adding dual subs to my 2 channel vintage home system (wiring help??)

Are you sparring with me ? Pay attention to my Avatar.
  3. sensei91

“ most people” ? Well, there’s your answer. :)
  4. sensei91

Maybe, a look at the schematic might reveal the truth. I also have a C 28 that also has two pairs of preouts, and a center out. I used to have one sub connected to that in the past. Regardless , it is neater and cleaner looking than a Y connector.
  5. sensei91

I prefer to keep the subs isolated from the main signal for more control if possible. So just for fun , I have experimented with some consumer grade used equipment . On my Mcintosh C 15 , there are two sets of outputs, so I just connect a pair of powered subs to each R and L output. Easy. But...
  6. sensei91

Back in the day kids playing parents' stereos

I remember hearing FM for the first time ( The Doors, Light My Fire ) on my parent’s Blaupunkt console that also had a PE turntable. We had a piano in the house, and even a smaller console outside in the car port, which was kind of closed up for three season living. Plenty of music . I...
  7. sensei91

New JBL L100 sticker shock

I am not in the market for new speakers, but I would like to hear them. I have an original pair I bought new in 1973 or so. I still listen to them on a smaller system. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I still find them very desirable and listenable for rock. That’s all I use them for...
  8. sensei91

Why is Akai underrated? (pics of my AA1175)

Here’s an AM-U3 Integrated Amp I purchased around 1980. Still going strong , it weighs quite a bit. I use it now to run a passive 12” sub in the back of the listening space.
  9. sensei91

I'm done chasing the illusion

My apologies. They changed their name recently. The link is www.nepm.org They used to be New England Pubic Radio now they are New England Public Media
  10. sensei91

North Central Connecticut USA
  11. sensei91

Not at all. The station locally is WFCR . 88.5 FM It is streamed @ www.nepm.net New England Public radio. I never have to stream, because my FM reception is excellent. I went back to some of my own recordings for a change last night. There is a gap on the station between 4 and 8 for news...
  12. sensei91

I retired earlier this year, so I am now listening to music 10 or so hours a day. My music collection is now the least of my interest , as it is actually playing the memories of the past. I have posted elsewhere that I am lucky to have a great NPR FM station nearby that has kept my musical...
  13. sensei91

Your List of the Greatest Live Albums of All-Time

Regardless of the recording flaws, the musicianship is outstanding.
  14. sensei91

What are your "unexpectedly good" loudspeaker-amplifier combos?

I think I am pretty lucky in that all my amplifier speaker matches sound just wonderful. My main system has a Mcintosh C-15 Pre amp and a Mcintosh MC 162 amplifier. They sound fantastic driving a pair of Definitive Technologies BP 10 , and a pair of Polk powered subs. I mostly listen to...
Back
Top Bottom