Recent content by Sergey Green

1. Sergey Green

Musical Fidelity Power Amplifiers

Mine feels like it is bolted to the floor, insanely heavy. I would hate to ship it anywhere. Even packed into the original box, I don't think it would ever be safe. Is it a Cornwall on your avatar? I suspect those do not sound supper warm either, or do they? How are the low notes with A21+, are...
  2. Sergey Green

And I think I am noticing it. As with many amplifiers the change is not even subtle. I will put my previous class-A 50W back in a week or so and compare, again.
  3. Sergey Green

I ended up getting M8s500s, and I am slowly getting used to it. It sounds open, strong and detailed, but not as smooth as the pure class-A 50W I have had before (FirstWatt F5t). I will put FirstWatt back in a week or so, just to compare, again. MF barely gets warm, so I would not worry about it...
  4. Sergey Green

Cross posted this on the other forum, Has anyone ever reviewed or compared to the other brands Musical Fidelity power amplifiers? Or does anyone have any experience with those? I keep reading people call them musical but there are no reviews out there whatsoever - and so I am asking. In...
  5. Sergey Green

Marantz 2230 - powering it up ...

Dirty contact is a good point. No, I am not mistaken, it is v. https://a4.pbase.com/o12/83/694283/1/172857532.i5bdtKrW.20220807_163807.jpg
  6. Sergey Green

It drops to about 0 mv once there is a load. 4-8Ohm resistor across the terminals (+ -) does it, when testing, for example. Resitor to simulate the speakers.
  7. Sergey Green

24.7 v from the left terminal (not mini v), and something similar (but less) from the right side. But does it also mean that turning on/off speakers A, B might also be not safe? I mean with the buttons, when speakers are already connected. First time I did it there was quite a loud click, I...
  8. Sergey Green

Thanks. Another thing; there is about 20-24v on each speaker terminal when speakers are not connected - would you say it is safe to swap the speakers while the reciever is powered?
  9. Sergey Green

Just picked up pristine Marantz 2230 with all original caps in it, it sounds absolutely fantastic. One thing that somewhat bothers me is that slight boom when powering it up. I would not say it is loud, but I do hear it. Is this an indication of old - getting old - caps in the output? Should I...
  10. Sergey Green

Linn LP12 Outer Platter

I think this should work: Cleaning platter till it is shiny, then put on the rotating platform, as this...
  11. Sergey Green

Linn LP12 Outer Platter

More expensive the better, but I wonder why.
  12. Sergey Green

Linn LP12 Outer Platter

There are quite a few mats one can sellect at AliExpress, they look quite nice I think. I bought some speakers and the other cables from AE, very happy with the results.
  13. Sergey Green

Linn LP12 Outer Platter

Ah, you said to too. :)
  14. Sergey Green

Linn LP12 Outer Platter

Absolutely agree! I tried cork - very rough sounding, leather; one bought and one made by myself, felt; one bought, one from Linn (the original) and the Linn felt sounds the best for me. I even washed it, it became lighter somewhat. Fuller, richer, and very realistic in overall presentation...
  15. Sergey Green

Linn LP12 Outer Platter

This looks more like Thorens in a Linn box. But kind of nice, I would say. I also have Thorens and the platter is also shiny, but with Linn it has to be matted. Have you - or anyone - thought or tried to spray some transparent matted lack on it?
Back
Top Bottom