Recent content by setup1

1. setup1

Post a picture of your turntable

Realistic Mark 8 idler-driven turntable + Fidelity Research FR54 and Grace G565 tonearms
  2. setup1

Yes!:)

Yes!:)
  3. setup1

Show Us Your Little Turntables!

Pioneer PL6U = idler driven 10" cast alum platter :)
  4. setup1

Recognize this diy 6B4G PP amp?

Blast from the past. ;)
  5. setup1

Show us your flea-watts amps!

Nice words, thanks!
  6. setup1

Thank you! I love the 2A3, 45 and even the triode'd 46 but there's something special about the 171A that's not easy to put into words.
  7. setup1

Thanks!
  8. setup1

FLEA WATT Speaker(s). Whatcha using ?

This thread escaped my radar...but it's never too late. :) Mono hifi - Left: General Electric A1-400 in a vintage DIY corner cabinet designed by Norman H. Bates as published in Audio May 1955 Right: Altec 756B + 32C + 806 + 23744 in a slant front 3 cf sealed cabinet Stereo hifi - Center...
  9. setup1

My bonsai SE171A amp: Proof of concept :)
  10. setup1

What CD are you listening to? What CD Player?

Chet Baker Trio Marantz CD52 transport > DIY nosTDA1541tube DAC > Western Electric 111C repeat coils :)
  11. setup1

Classic NOS DAC based on a TDA1541 with passive I/V and 6SN7 output

@Evonimos - my latest upload might be of interest to you :) https://jelabs.blogspot.com/2024/02/line-transformers-for-digital-audio.html
  12. setup1

Mono - can we talk mono?

I have no experience with the P68/68H, which seem to be the less deluxe models - same motor but simpler main bearing, the platter and chassis also don't look as massive. Yes, I've seen those posts. ;) FWIW, the brake fluid trick worked on the idler wheel of my "motor unit-style" Mark 7.
  13. setup1

Classic NOS DAC based on a TDA1541 with passive I/V and 6SN7 output

I never got notified about this post. I'm glad I chanced upon it today. Great job!:thumbsup: I'm glad you found the project worthwhile. After I got a taste of an all tube analog output section, I could never go back to op-amps or solid-state in the signal path. After almost 4 years, mine...
  14. setup1

Mono - can we talk mono?

It's running on its original idler wheel. You mean P58H? They're pretty much on equal footing.
  15. setup1

Mono - can we talk mono?

Thanks for visiting the blog! I'm just doing finishing touches on the Mark 8 article. It will be added to the Japanese idler series soon. Here's the Mark 8 on mono duty. :)
Back
Top Bottom